12th May, 2020
A little bit about the role
As our newest Field service Engineer in Christchurch, you will be a part of the team breaking new ground on our newest account. Reporting to the Regional Team Leader, you will be the primary point of contact for the Christchurch and wider southern regions user base. This position will involve regularly scheduled visits to your customer's sites to provide timely support to maintain, troubleshoot, and fix a wide range of IT-related issues.
To be successful in this customer-facing position, you understand the importance of establishing strong relationships with your customers and meeting their expectations. You will confidently respond to complex technical issues whilst maintaining exceptional customer service standards. You will be responsible for the following areas:
A little bit about you
- Complete site visits to ensure that IT assets are maintained, functional and users are supported to SLA agreements and minimise downtime
- Supporting a Windows-centric environment – Familiar with Microsoft stack such as Outlook
- Provide excellent customer service, listening carefully to customer concerns and addressing issues until the customer is satisfied
- Disassemble and reassemble machines to repair or replace worn or malfunctioning components
- trouble-shooting mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones.
You will be an experienced Level 2 Engineer with recent technical expertise gained from a similar role. Like the rest of our team, you are confident, with excellent communication skills, dealing with high-level people doesn't faze you; you've got the personality to strike up a conversation with anyone. With experience in a tech support role you're happy to work autonomously; being proactive you understand the responsibility and trust given to you. Naturally, you're technically adept and able to pick up new technologies quickly. Flexible you can work on-call as outlined by the client with a full NZ driver license to allow you to do so. Most of all you're personable and can honestly say that you're considered a ‘go-to person’ which will ensure you connect and are well-liked by the customer. Ideally, you will have experience in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Office O365 including SharePoint and Azure
- Active Directory Users Groups and group policies
- Windows Server administration knowledge
- SCCM Remote Control Tool and SCCM basics
- Malicious Email Management
- Strong Windows 7 and 10 troubleshooting skills; Active Directory Administration
- Microsoft server environment
- Apple/MacOS environment
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with IT hardware and software systems including desktops, notebooks, printers and LAN/WAN networking and portable devices running various operating systems and cloud systems.
- Good working knowledge of remote administration techniques such as Remote Desktop
In return, you will be a part of a family orientated business that is growing significantly. If you have the skills and motivation that we are looking for, then hit apply and provide us with your recent CV and a job-specific cover letter which tells us more about you. A bit about the company
DDS IT is a full-service IT business with 65+ staff across Auckland and Hamilton. We're small yet have some of New Zealand's major corporates as clients. Our size allows easy access to senior management; we have no barriers or politics and happily share knowledge informally and collaboratively. We're young but expert and truly walk the talk aiming to positively impact individuals both professionally and personally. Our drive for excellence and willingness to go to the ends of the earth for clients has created rapid growth and a loyal customer base.
Apply For Job