19th July, 2022
A new opportunity to progress your career and could include relocation costs for the right person if you are out of region.
Health & Safety Manager - Tauranga
Since 1973, our client has made a significant contribution to the built environment and construction industry. From the beginning, their company has been owned by key people who work within the business. Originally building schools and light industrial buildings, they have progressed to delivering some of the most prominent public and private commercial construction projects in the region.
- The protection of their people and community is key to business excellence. As such, the provision, maintenance, and continuous improvement of a safe and healthy work environment is one of their strategic pillars
- Leading from the top, their prioritisation of health and safety extends from senior management through to all employees and project stakeholders, including subcontractors
- It is their policy that any person working on the site is provided with a safe and healthy place to work
- They support work safe practices as part of their culture – not because they have to, but because they actually want to
- They align their business with organisations and other businesses that look at the overall wellbeing of the greater community
A real career opportunity working with an industry leader. An attractive salary package attached for the suitably qualified person. The Role
Working across multiple construction projects, you will work in with senior decision makers, through to all employees and project stakeholders, including subcontractors. More about the Role
- Implement the company's safety policy, rules, processes, and procedures
- Be a role model and champion for the company's H&S management plan
- Educate personnel on workplace hazards and risks supporting best practice
- Prepare and maintain project health and safety documentation
- Coach and support staff in the implementation of health and safety practices
- Actively contribute to the continuous review and improvement of management system
- Inspect projects to verify compliance to H&S procedures
- Conduct emergency drills on projects
- Record incidents and assist in investigations as required
- Collate, analyse, and make recommendations based on safety data
- Administration of safety systems, data, and company and project files
- From time to time any other additional duties to be performed to help the overall team efforts
Ideally you will have worked previously in the construction industry and have sound knowledge in this area or maybe experience from other industries will also be highly regarded. You will enjoy working for a company that understands Health & Safety is one of the pillars to their success, they place this at the top of everything they do. You will also have
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Ideally 2+ years working in the construction industry
- Excellent people skills with the ability to communicate and engage with field and office-based staff as well as clients and their representatives
If you meet or exceed the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call Simon Vaughan on 021 397 448.
Apply For Job