01st April, 2021
- Hunter Region – NSW
- Enhance your Lifestyle and advance your Career.
This is a National Recruitment Campaign – therefore we are also looking for applicants who are open for relocation to the Hunter Region of NSW. THE ORGANISATION
Our client’s organisation is a diverse one, comprised of multiple business units that collectively provide integrated activities to a wide cross-section of sectors.
Supporting these activities is one of Australia’s most comprehensive Heavy Haulage and Out of Gauge transportation services available. Operating an extensive and diverse vehicle crew, they provide services across multiple industries including heavy haulage, out of gauge transport services and cartage. Ultimately, they are focused on specifically planned, detailed and specialized transport jobs.
The Group has a history of strong performance and delivery of quality infrastructure projects all built upon cultivating positive relationships with their clients and working with them to develop cost-effective strategies and optimising solutions. THE POSITION
The position has a focus on planning and expediting all domestic and national road transport, heavy haulage logistics requirements and will report directly to the National Transport Manager.
The objective is to manage the Transport Operations and its resources to ensure efficient utilization of assets and the haulage crew, and to facilitate timely and cost-effective haulage contracts, thereby contributing to the successful and profitable operation of the division.
This is a role that requires prompt yet accurate attention to detail during the planning and operational phase of very specialised jobs, remembering that safety is of the utmost priority. Our client has developed a safety system and process to ensure they exceed regulatory requirements, enabling their team to be up to date with all safety and quality standards. This portion of the role is critical, and as such, is one in which the incumbent will be expected to lead by example.
On the whole, there is an unrestricted focus on maintaining and growing the division including EFFICIENCIES; ACCURACY; PLANNING; SAFETY; COMPETITIVENESS; PROFITABILITY; CUSTOMER PERFORMANCE; BUSINESS NETWORKS/RELATIONSHIP BUILDING; GROWTH; PROBLEMATIC ISSUES/RESOLUTIONS; RELIABILITY AND DELIVERY OF SERVICES. KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience and a deep knowledge acquired from the Transport & Logistics sector with at least 10 years specialising in the planning and expediting of Heavy Haulage / Out of Gauge Transport Operations.
- At least 5 years Team Management experience.
- Degree Qualified with an industry / job specific education.
- Commercially astute supported by a strategic and accurate planning skill set with experience in optimizing cost efficiencies and reduction.
- Experience working with the NHVAS and Regulator as well as dealing with external authorities including the RMS, Police and Local Governments.
- Sound understanding of ‘Chain of Responsibility’ and ‘Driver Fatigue Management’.
- Project Management; experience to manage numerous complex projects together with other smaller initiatives
The recruitment of this role is being managed by Joanne Norris – Director of LINQ Group. You can apply online or should you wish to learn more, please contact Joanne on 0439 781 387 for a confidential discussion or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply For Job