A Chief Accountant will lead the Finance department and associated operations
We are looking for an experienced Chief Accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Chief Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Chief Account combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports
and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of Accountants
A Chief Accountant will lead the Finance function and associated operations such that account management, purchasing, reporting, and supplier relations are managed to optimize the hotels profitability.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Ensure that Finance teams are providing all required management reports.
• Work with the General Manager to provide full and accurate forecasting and budgeting proposals within the hotel.
• Source and purchase all the necessary materials for the day to day operation of the hotel ensuring best quality and best prices.
• Develop the financial accounting system and control procedures and continually review the process and procedures to maximize impact and efficiency.
• Ensure the balance sheets are a fair reflection of the assets and liabilities of the hotel.
• Lead monthly finance update meetings with the general manager.
• Assist Heads of the Department to do their duties efficiently by promptly providing them with their requirements
• Maintain professional relationship with all suppliers and vendors to ensure a smooth hotel operation.
Skills, Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should have a degree in accounting and at least 10 years previous experiences within a Hotel Industry. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy is a must, while knowledge of Opera, Micros, FBM and SUN System an asset, Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process, advanced MS Excel skills, accuracy and attention to details,