06th February, 2020
Supervise and teach nursing students to develop the knowledge, attitude and skills necessary for practice within the clinical environment as a Registered Nurse.
What we offer
- Freedom to choose when you want to work
- Attractive Agency Pay Rates - Paid Weekly
- Positions available all over Sydney
- Decide your own work-life balance by letting us know how much and when YOU want to work.
- Enjoy the extra money with attractive agency pay rates
- Have confidence you’re being offered the best available shifts by working with a long-standing and well established nursing agency
- Earn additional income during your leave from other employment
- Block Bookings available if you are looking for a steady and consistent workload
- Have the opportunity to further your career by training and working in specialised fields
- Extensive training and development opportunities to advance your nursing career
- A strong support base with our friendly and experienced admin staff providing you with assistance
- Great referral bonuses available
- Full time base salary of $64,000 to $107,000 if also working as a registered nurse in the hospitals.
- Casual hourly pay rate of $55. Block bookings available.
Act as a professional role model for students and be responsible for maintaining positive relationships with the health care agencies to enhance the students learning experience. Duties
What you will need
- Provide a student-centred approach by being patient and supportive of student learning
- Clearly and consistently communicate expectations of students while they are on placement
- Become familiar with the course and relevant unit objectives
- Facilitate learning opportunities relevant for students learning objectives
- Attend scheduled pre-briefing and debriefing meetings
- Ensure adequate personal orientation to the clinical facility/service
- Liaise and consult regularly with clinical unit coordinators to facilitate effective integration of theory with practice and achievement of expected outcomes
- Assist student learning in the clinical setting
- Assist students in the development of communication, problem solving, clinical and professional skills
- Facilitate student development and understanding of the ANMC competency standards in practice.
- Respond positively to the immediate concerns and needs to the students and health care facility/ service if unforeseen problems arise.
- Direct students to the relevant School of Nursing coordinator if required
- Promote the safety of both patients/ clients and students by selecting and negotiating appropriate learning experiences
- Demonstrate clinical expertise and professional role modelling
- Evaluate student performance with unit objectives and the ANMC / Portfolio
- Provide regular feedback , both formative and summative to students and the unit coordinators about the students’ performance
- Seek specific feedback from health facility about the students’ performance as well as your own
- Document all relevant information regarding student assessment, incident reports or issues which related to the clinical placement
- Provide feedback to the relevant unit coordinator regarding clinical experience
- Minimum 5 years of current clinical registered nurse experience
- Work rights in Australia
- Current and unrestricted AHPRA Registered Nurse Registration
- A Bachelor degree or higher in nursing
- Have already completed or are willing to complete a Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment or equivalent
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Commitment to helping the development of nursing students
- Current Criminal Record Check (can easily be applied for)
- Current Working with Children Check (can easily be applied for)
- Full immunisation history
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work well independently or in a team
- A resume to send with your application
- A Master degree or higher in nursing
- Clinical expertise in an area of nursing practice
How to apply
- Campsie / Canterbury
- Mount Druitt
For more information, please call us on (02) 9966 5514. Network Nursing Agency – Who we are
Established in 1997 – Network Nursing Agency specialises in supplying Registered Nurses to General Wards, Intensive Care Units, Mental Health, Theatres, Aged Care, and Palliative Care to Private and Public Hospital. We also offer Nurses, AINs, and Carers to Hospitals, Aged Care Homes and to Private Clients in their homes. Network Nursing Agency is one of the largest suppliers of facilitators to Universities throughout Australia.
Network Nursing Agency promotes a respectful and supportive environment for all our staff. We recognise our amazing staff have helped us become the successful nursing agency we are today. NNA consistently works towards maintaining a culture of inclusiveness that encourages and supports all people to achieve their best. We believe having a diversity of office staff and nurses contributes to us providing the best quality care for all patients in every healthcare setting.
If you would like to learn more about Network Nursing Agency, we encourage you to visit our website, http://www.nursing-agency.com.au/. Additional Keywords: RN, Nurses, Staff Nurse, Staff Registered Nurse, Certified Nurse, Teach, Teacher, Educator, Educate, Facilitate, Facilitation, Facilitating, University, College, Bachelor, Master, Diploma
Apply For Job