Our client has rapidly expanded and now has offices in many global locations across EMEA, APAC and North America. Due to continued expansion, an opportunity has arisen to join the Group Payroll Team in Newcastle.
Reporting to the Group Head of Payroll, we require an experienced Payroll professional, who strives for perfection. The desired candidate would be goal-focused, enjoys a challenge, embraces change and is hoping to develop their career in Payroll.
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for the ensuring the accurate processing of our North American and APAC payrolls, working with our vendors to ensure an accurate and compliant service that has customer service at the forefront.
· Take full ownership of the management & processing of the payrolls for your specific region, ensuring all internal & external SLA’s and KPI’s are met.
· Manage the relationship with the different 3rd party payroll vendors, highlighting and managing and performance issues if and when required.
· Manage all aspects of the team including regular 1-2-1’s and ensuring all staff members have development plans, carry out staff appraisals and manage any performance issues.
· Support the Group Head of Payroll take an active role in strategic business changes and implement new directives as the business continues to grow.
· Consistently review the performance and processes of the payroll team and take steps to ensure any risks are mitigated by adding controls, changing processes or carrying out training
· Support the business with specific legislative guidance and governance ensuring compliance and integrity at all times
· Responsible for ensuring our payroll processes meet all regional/local legislative requirements and that all services from our Vendors are completed accurately, on time and are compliant.
Take an active role in leading all projects that impact your payrolls; non-client projects such as internal audit, process improvements and changes and quality monitoring.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a payroll management role, leading and developing teams
· Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi task
· Proven communication skills at both team and senior management levels
· Outstanding work ethic, going above and beyond.
· Excellent Microsoft IT skills – mainly focusing on Excel using pivots, vlookups and macros
· Strong communication skills - both written and verbal.
Desirable skills (not essential):
· Experience of managing external payroll vendors
· US, Canadian or APAC payroll experience
· Additional Language other than English
The successful candidate will be joining an expanding team at the Head office. The continued rapid growth allows a great deal of exposure to international business, and creates potential career development opportunities for those who go above and beyond.
Full-time, 40 hours per week Monday to Friday. Able to be flexible on times if necessary.
Remote working is possible but must be able to commute to Newcastle as and when needed
Salary: £38k-£42k p/a, depending upon experience.