We are looking to help our client identify an ambitious, high calibre person to join their team as a Management Accountant.
Our client is an international business with a solid track record and the ability to grow and develop as opportunities present themselves.
Reporting to the Finance lead, the post holder will take responsibility for assisting in all aspects of the Finance Department as required.
Requirements of the role
· Prepare monthly management accounts and other information for inclusion in presentation to the division senior management team
· Work as a business partner to sales, operations and other key departments
· Prepare forecast information supporting the quarterly and annual budget processes, in addition to rolling short term / weekly forecasts
· Analyse monthly P&L and actuals to explain and forecast changes in margin and expenses
· Review and work with operations team to actively manage the ageing profile of inventory and WIP
· Interrogate production order variances i to understand, and act on, any impact to the financials
· Post month-end journals and run all month end processes in system
· Manage and reconcile fixed asset additions and depreciation.
· Interrogate and explain movements in sales and orderbook – mix / price / margin analysis
· Manage timely and accurate upload of results and forecasts.
· Balance sheet reconciliations.
· Manage company credit cards – ordering / cancelling / queries
· Preparation of VAT return
· Collate and provide information for External Audits
· BACS runs and ad hoc payments for
· Ensure compliance with the Controls Framework, and work with other functions to aide their understanding and ensure their compliance also.
· Adhoc duties that arise day to day (including taking phone calls).
· Adhere to all policy and legislative requirements in respect of Health & Safety and Environmental Legislation