04th February, 2020
Business Controls Manager – Elgas – North Ryde About Elgas
Elgas is a leading provider of LPG and related products, services and technical solutions in Australia & New Zealand. A part of Linde PLC, we are known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services, and we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
As our Business Controls Manager,
you will take responsibility for monitoring the administration processes for over 50 Elgas branches
across Australia and New Zealand and assess the financial risk and implications of these processes
on the business. When required, you’ll work closely with the Finance Leadership team to improve the financial control environment at Elgas.
Due to the geographical reach of the Elgas business, this role requires travel approximately once a month to conduct branch audits in regional and interstate branches. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
It is expected you bring experience and knowledge including:
- Financial audits of branch processes and controls to ensure compliance with Elgas delegation of authority and processes
- Assessment of current processes, and risk analysis of gaps where improved controls are required
- Monthly compliance and performance of SOX controls performed at Head Office
- Partner with accounting management to maintain compliance with accounting standards across the organization including USGAAP
- Review of process and procedures to ensure compliance with SOX
- Work with the Finance Management and IT department to embed controls into the system which ensure compliance with company delegation of authority
Here at Elgas
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CA/CPA or ACA qualifications
- Previous Audit experience and excellent knowledge of AIFRS and NZ IFRS
- Self-starter who is able to perform in a high-volume environment
- Detail oriented with strong organisational and analytical skills
Elgas is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and men of all ages, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability. We're local, with service centres around the country to ensure rapid supply and reliable delivery in virtually every area. Our customers get convenient 24/7 Online Services for orders, payments and account information.
Elgas offers a diverse range of employment opportunities for outstanding individuals, including the possibility of career advancement opportunities with BOC and the global Linde Group.
'Put your energy to work at Elgas'
Apply For Job