28th January, 2020
Business Manager Northern – Elgas – Penrose, NZ
Elgas is a member of the Linde Group and is the largest marketer of LPG in the Trans-Tasman region. We're local, with locations around the country to ensure rapid supply and reliable delivery in virtually every area. Elgas provides LPG for NZ home and business customers and is dedicated to the safety of our customers, employees and the communities in which they live.
We are looking for an experienced operations leader to join the Elgas team based in Penrose. The Business Manager Northern reports to the General Manager and is responsible for all depot, transport and customer service operations in the North Island.
You will lead LPG cylinder filling, transport and customer service operations at six depots from Whangarei to Wellington, ensuring that we meet our customer experience promise while staying incident-free at all times.
You will collaborate closely with the National Sales Manager and their team to deliver sustained profitable performance of the Northern region. Other responsibilities in the role include:
It is expected you will bring experience such as:
- Leading continuous improvement in our depot operations productivity and cost management.
- Being a role model and lead safe behaviours across depots and transport operations
- Maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements as well as Linde Group global policies
- Working with your peer Business Manager in the Southern Region to deliver consistent operations at all depots across NZ
- Working closely with the Sales Team to ensure customer requirements are met with optimum efficiency
- Leading the Customer Service Team in delivering high-quality, consistent support to our customers
- Recommending capital expenditure to meet safety, compliance and engineering requirements using sound business cases.
Key attributes required:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar position, preferably in an energy-related field
- Ability to lead, coach and influence a geographically diverse team
- Strong initiative and able to challenge the status quo
- Experience working in regulatory environments relating to Health and Safety
- Process and Safety driven approach
- Driven to deliver exceptional customer service
Here at Elgas
- Demonstrable strength in collaborating across functions, particularly sales/operations
- Evidence of productivity actions to reduce cost sustainably or improve efficiency
We're local, with service centres around the country to ensure rapid supply and reliable delivery in virtually every area. Our customers get convenient 24/7 Online Services for orders, payments and account information.
We seek people who want to be part of a team that is proud of its product, its people and wants to provide customers with the best service in the industry.
If being part of a highly motivated team and operating in an autonomous environment, where you have ownership, accountability and challenges, is important to you, then you're on the right track with Elgas.
'Put your energy to work at Elgas'
Apply For Job