14th February, 2020
Account Manager/Business Development Specialist - BOC – Toowoomba
BOC, a member of Linde PLC, is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We develop safe, sustainable and innovative solutions for customers in many specialty sectors, heavy industry and medical environments. For more than a century, the company’s gases and expertise have contributed to advances in industry and everyday life, including steelmaking, refining, chemical processing, environmental protection, wastewater treatment, welding and cutting, food processing and distribution, glass production, electronics and health care.
The opportunity has become available for a motivated and experienced Sales Professional to join our team based in Toowoomba and work on both managing the accounts for the region and winning new business.
We are looking for a highly motivated and driven team member to take on this autonomous role, where you can make a real difference to BOC and our customers.
You will receive a base salary as well as tools of trade including mobile, laptop and company vehicle. In addition, we will provide you with in-depth training and support, giving you the confidence to know that all the hard work you put in is backed up by a world class organisation.
Your responsibilities in this role include:
It is expected you will have skills and experience such as:
- Achieving and exceeding sales and profit growth targets
- Managing a portfolio of large industrial customers, including National customer sites
- Retain and grow the gas and welding equipment business within your managed portfolio
- Win new and competitor gas and welding equipment business within your Region
- Lead generation and opportunity pipeline management
- Actively sign new and existing customers to supply and service Agreements
- Capture competitor activities and market trends within your Region
- Work with local industry bodies to represent and grow BOC’s position within the local community and industry
- Deliver customer training and product demonstrations
- Demonstrable business development and account management experience (industrial industry sales would be an advantage)
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Understanding of price and profitability management
- Demonstrated experience working autonomously and independently
- Strong relationship management skills and customer focus
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy skills (Microsoft Excel, Outlook)
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that's why we have introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive superannuation benefits. We are also firmly in the driver's seat when it comes to our involvement in the community as well as our charity involvement with organisations such as Road Safety Education and Redkite. If you are a high-quality sales professional with an insatiable drive for success – this opportunity is for you!
Apply For Job