15th July, 2022
- Manage growing portfolio in Auckland
- Competitive remuneration package
- Newly created role due to the growth of our company!
UniLodge is the leading provider of student accommodation in Australia and New Zealand and is currently in an exciting growth cycle as demand for our services is escalating globally. With a growing portfolio of over 110 properties, encompassing over 30,000 beds, it’s a very exciting time to join the UniLodge team! About your new role
Due to the growth of our company, we are seeking a General Manager – Portfolio (GMP) to manage a growing portfolio of purpose built student accommodation UniLodge properties in Auckland.
The GMP is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations, student wellbeing and management of the operations teams across multiple student accommodation complexes. This position will also play a key role in the opening, managing and filling of new facilities in line with the company’s growth.
This is a leadership position and will be responsible for both the broad implementation of company policy, as well as promoting and enhancing the customer focus endeavour of the UniLodge business. This is an excellent opportunity to use your leadership and operations management experience to develop a team of high performing staff in our Auckland portfolio. Duties and Responsibilities
What you’ll need to succeed
- Setting the highest of standards in all operational aspects across the property portfolio.
- Be familiar with Operating Agreements and manage the property/properties as per these agreements.
- Establish and maintain a constructive and productive working relationship with all key stakeholders.
- Manage and exceed the financial performance of the Portfolio properties.
- Maximise the financial return to key stakeholders and to the UniLodge business.
- Any associated work for the preopening of new buildings within the portfolio
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including Owners, Agents, Universities, Body Corporates and others
- Maintain the properties to the highest level of cleanliness and presentation as would be expected of a professional property management company.
- Pro-actively maintain the building’s fit-out and the standard of its equipment.
- Conduct regular property audits to ensure 100% compliance across the portfolio.
- Recruit, develop and lead a team of high performing staff.
- Instil passion and a standard of excellence within the portfolio and the business.
- Develop, implement, foster, and manage the Residential Life Program.
- Compliance with the Social Equity & Diversity Plan, Pastoral Care Plan, Student Engagement & Activities Plan, Emergency Management Plan and Performance Reporting.
- Additional hours may be required during our peak periods, on call after hours and weekends for major emergencies
- Previous senior management experience in the accommodation industry.
- Experience in the management of a large portfolio within a region, including experience in the opening and filling of new facilities.
- Operational experience and a high level of operational expertise.
- Experience driving sales and formulating marketing initiatives
- Depth of experience in Real Estate and Accommodation industries.
- Demonstrated leadership capability.
- High level of problem-solving and decision-making ability.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to problem solve and manage conflict.
- A focus on service and quality with the passion to deliver outstanding experiences.
- Ability to provide evidence of a Police Vetting Check
UniLodge is the leading provider of student accommodation in Australia and New Zealand and is currently in an exciting growth cycle. With a growing portfolio of over 110 properties, encompassing over 31,000+ managed beds, it’s a very exciting time to join the UniLodge team! Our Benefits and Culture
Our culture is built on trust and engagement and we go the extra mile to make your career at UniLodge as rewarding as possible.
What you need to do now
- A diverse culture that is friendly, fun and collaborative
- Acknowledgement, rewards and benefits.
- A multicultural & diverse environment.
- Development and career advancement opportunities
- Benefits: Employee Assistance Program, activities, On the Spot rewards, Annual Company awards, Long-Tenure leave, Well-Being Programs, Emerging Leader Program
Apply with your CV and a 1-page cover letter. While we take a look at your application, we encourage you to get to know us a little better through our website and various social media channels.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – We commit to responding to every applicant.
***All final applicants for this position will be required to provide evidence of a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
Apply For Job