24th May, 2019
- Industry Leading Psychology and Consultancy organisation
- 0.2 - 0.6 EFT
- Based in Frankston/Rosebud OR Melton/Werribee Community Corrections Offices
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Clinician to join the High Risk Offenders Alcohol & Drug Service (HiROADS) team at Caraniche.
We are on the lookout for an experienced clinician to join our team to provide community based treatment to complex community forensic AOD clients in Melbourne South East Metro (Frankston/Mornington Peninsula) or in Melton/Werribee. This would be onsite at Community Corrections Offices in both regions.
This is an extremely rewarding opportunity where you can gain invaluable experience with a unique client group. Reporting to the HiROADS Senior Psychologist, the Clinician will work be based in a community based correctional facility providing individual psychological treatment, to complex needs clients. The Community Corrections facilities and Caraniche hold strong safety processes in place to support clinicians throughout this role and work collaboratively with the community corrections officers on site.
The HiROADS service adopts a therapeutic approach to drug and alcohol treatment by addressing the issues underlying and exacerbating substance abuse with the overall aim to reduce the likelihood of re-offending.
For more information on the program please visit:
https://www.caraniche.com.au/justice-correctional-services/high-risk-offenders-alcohol-drug-service-hiroads Role & Duties:
- Psychological Assessment – provision of psychological assessments including risk assessments, identification of presenting issues and formulation of treatment plans, observational assessments, clinical interviews and psychometric assessment
- Individual Psychological Treatment – provision of a range of individual psychological treatments including brief interventions and individual counselling.
- Report Writing, referral to other services, record keeping and file maintenance
The Clinician will be provided with clinical supervision by Caraniche and will participate in regular and endorsed continuing professional development, and both individual and group peer supervision. In these forums, focus includes reflection upon case assessment and multiaxial diagnosis; treatment formulation, conceptualisation and intervention; reflection upon own practices, including transference and countertransference; presentation of case formulations and progress of interventions. Qualifications & Experience:
To thrive in this role and maximize your potential with this complex client base it would be desired if you had the following qualifications and experience:
- Registered Psychologist / Social Worker (Minimum of two years experience)
- Demonstrated experience with forensic AOD treatment and the ability to work independently
- Experience and knowledge working with complex needs clients
- Proven experience with complex forensic presentations
You will work alongside a team of highly skilled and experienced Clinicians and Care and Recovery administration support available to support you in this role. Caraniche offers a supportive culture and flexible work environment including the following employee benefits:
- Flexible Working Policy
- Ongoing Training and Development
- Exposure to leading industry specific training programs
- Ongoing Clinical Supervision provided by the company
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Industry leading Research Initiatives
- Access to employee health services – EAP, CISM
- Ability to work across departments / areas of interest to balance the Clinician role.
- Onsite parking
Caraniche strives to develop and maintain a positive, inclusive culture of respect and unity, and as such we aim to employ individuals who share our company values of integrity, excellence, innovation and partnership. Caraniche is an equal opportunity employer who values a diverse workforce.
Please apply by following the links below. For confidential discussion, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team on 03 8417 0500.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a police and working with children check.
Apply For Job