Hydraulic Technician & Senior Hydraulic Technician
McRaes Global is a privately owned, New Zealand Hydraulics, Engineering and Controls specialist company with over 50 years of experience working with New Zealand’s heavy industrial, marine and defence sectors .
We have workshops in Auckland, Rotorua and Whangarei and are currently going through a growth phase in all three locations and, therefore, we are looking for skilled Hydraulic technicians who can carry out both workshop and on site related work. The work is both varied and challenging as we deliver solutions crucial to our client’s assets by being involved in the design, manufacture, repair and maintenance of their systems.
McRaes Global recognizes that its people are key to its success and with our team orientated culture, we focus on innovation, knowledge and customer service as cornerstones of our approach to market.
McRaes Global has integrated with IMG earlier this year and we have an exciting array of projects coming our way.
We are now looking for Hydraulic & Senior Hydraulic Technicians to join our highly qualified team.
Key Functions in this role:
- Ability to read and understand Hydraulic Schematics
- Analyzing / Trouble Shooting of Hydraulic Systems including: Closed Loop, Open Loop, Pressure Comp, Load Sensed, Hydraulic & Electronic Proportional Control
- Repair and Testing of a range of Hydraulic Components
- Filtration and System care
- General Engineering Skills
- Health & Safety knowledge and current awareness of legislation and policies
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 7+ years of experience for a Senior Hydraulic Technician role and a minimum for 3-5 years of experience for a Hydraulic Technician role
- Sound knowledge of “Major” Brand Hydraulic components with well-developed skills relating to analysing, trouble shooting and repair
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of workmanship and technical knowledge
- Proven knowledge in reading and understanding engineering and hydraulic schematics including Open Loop and PTO powered circuits, closed Loop, Logic valve, Servo, Proportional and Regenerative
- Proven experience in all test procedures for valves, cylinders, pumps and motors
- Current Driver’s licence
What’s in it for you... You'll get opportunities to work with leading specialists in our field, to develop your skills and gain experience in a wide variety of industries. We offer competitive rates of pay and provide job specific training.
If you wish to work for a professional, friendly, family business who values their employees and feel you have the skills and attributes for this role, we would love to receive your application.
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work in this country.
The successful candidate must pass drug, alcohol, medical and MOJ checks
Please note we will be starting the process as and when we receive the applications as we have more than one vacancy available.
To register your interest, please apply below.