01st April, 2021
IMG is a privately owned, New Zealand heavy engineering company with over 20 years’ experience in our sector. We employ over 300 permanent staff, complemented by a significant pool of contractors and casuals. Historically, we have resourced projects ranging between 10 and 600 people covering a full range of skills. We deliver maintenance, capital project delivery, fabrication, specialist services and a range of innovative solutions to a wide variety of clients throughout the North Island.
Our people are key to our success and we work hard to make IMG a great place to work!
We are looking for 2 qualified Fitter Turners to join our high performing team at East Tamaki.
The purpose of role is to provide quality workmanship in your specialist area of trade to meet specified job requirements. Jobs are varied and from a wide range of customers within Heavy Industry. Materials include steel, aluminium, stainless steel, specialised high temperature stainless and alloys.
Key Functions in this role:
Apply For Job
- The role requires you to work on your own initiative in areas where you are the ‘experts’- i.e., as a Machinist
- Ensure you understand fully what the job entails, e.g., technical drawings and specifications, critical measurements, end use/customer requirements
- Plan the work that is to be done
- Arrange for materials and parts as required
- Complete the job using appropriate tools, methods and materials
- Keep Workshop management informed of progress as well as any issues that may arise
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Trade qualified
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of workmanship and technical knowledge
- Must have workshop experience, preferably in a similar industry
- Excellent skills with the required tools, i.e., lathe, milling machines
What’s in it for you... You'll get opportunities to work with leading specialists in our field, to develop your skills and gain experience in a wide variety of industries. We offer competitive rates of pay and provide job specific training.
If you wish to work for a professional, friendly, family business who values their employees and feel you have the skills and attributes for this role, we would love to receive your application.
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work in this country.
The successful candidate must pass drug, alcohol, medical and MOJ checks
Please note we will be starting the process as and when we receive the applications as we have more than one vacancy available.
To register your interest, please apply below.