Project Engineer – Bay of Plenty (Kawerau, Kinleith & Rotorua)
IMG is a privately owned, New Zealand heavy engineering company with over 20 years’ experience in our sector. We employ over 300 permanent staff, complemented by a significant pool of contractors and casuals. Historically, we have resourced projects ranging between 10 and 600 people covering a full range of skills. We deliver maintenance, capital project delivery, fabrication, specialist services and a range of innovative solutions to a wide variety of clients throughout the North Island. Our people are key to our success and we work hard to make IMG a great place to work!
We are currently looking for a Project Engineer to join our Central North Island Team to manage and estimate maintenance, shutdown and project work on a variety of customer sites.
You will be working with the Branch Managers to understand the scope of work and plan and prepare for the projects. To provide on-site management to a team of supervisors and tradespeople (both permanent and casual staff), and to be the key point of contact for the client throughout the project. Key Functions in this role include:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Ensure full understanding of the scope and requirements of the Project
- Assist to plan the labour requirements, resources and time required to complete the scope of work
- Work closely with the estimating team with preparing quotations
- Ensure all pre-project requisites are met prior to start of work
- Lead job handover meeting with the Estimating, Inspection & Test team and supervisors.
- Work with project team and customers to proactively champion a safety culture
- Coordinate with customers, staff, clients and stakeholders to provide seamless service delivery
What’s in it for you...
- Relevant tertiary qualification or diploma backed by a relevant trade qualification or time served
- 5+ years’ experience in project management/administration/ leadership roles within a similar industry
- Previous experience in successful client facing/ liaison role
- Solid understanding of project management methodologies
- Proven experience in leading H&S initiatives or managing complex H&S environment
- Commercial business understanding and risk management background.
- Strong conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
You'll get opportunities to work with leading specialists in our field, to develop your skills and gain experience in a wide variety of industries. We offer competitive rates of pay and provide job specific training.
If you wish to work for a professional, friendly, family business who values their employees and feel you have the skills and attributes for this role, we would love to receive your application. To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work in this country.
The successful candidate must pass drug, alcohol, medical and MOJ checks Please note we will be starting the process as and when we receive the applications as we have more than one vacancy available.
To register your interest, please apply below.