30th March, 2021
Professional Engineer-Senior Level ME
Full Time/Permanent Role
Compensation Range DPE: $125,000-$135,000
North East Campus Based Role
10K Relocation Allotment or Sign On Bonus Eligible
Power Careers LLC is confidentially seeking a senior level Mechanical Engineer that is PE licensed, experienced in planning, design, operation, and maintenance of a large utility and building infrastructure environment based in a campus or multi sited operation.
Our client is one of, if not, the most prestigious, Ivy League colleges in the world. Their Energy & Facilities (E&F) division operates and manages the campus’ energy supply, district energy plants, and utility infrastructures. The E&F division has a rather large portfolio including engineering, technical, and sustainability services.
This role would lead, plan, and design the utility infrastructure of the University which includes electric, steam, heating hot water, and chilled water, as well as energy management and utility metering systems.
Responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for planning and design of the University’s utility systems, as well as oversee the installation of utility infrastructure.
- Assume complete mechanical engineering responsibility for utility distribution systems and develop statistics, records, and drawings of utility infrastructure.
- Provide and ensure regular communication with government agencies/departments to maintain knowledge of current standards/codes/regulations/guidelines and stay current with latest mechanical design and equipment.
- Responsible for evaluating and providing recommendations on cost control planning for preventative maintenance programs for the steam, heating hot water, and chilled water plants and distribution systems. This includes installation and maintenance of steam, heating hot water, and chilled water systems, specialized research and test equipment, and HVAC controls.
- Responsible for the development/maintenance/management of utility infrastructure, utility system records/documentation, technical standards/guidelines/recommended practices, and other knowledge or information management initiatives.
- Collaborate with faculty representatives, architects, consulting engineers, and operating personnel on construction/renovation projects, problematic issues, energy conservation efforts, and overall operations to provide for the efficient utilization of resources and attainment of optimal value from the University’s utility and building systems.
Our client understands that your work is only as good as the support your employer provides to you. They offer an outstanding culture, with an industry leading salary package that includes 4 weeks’ vacation, the school’s time off at Thanksgiving fall break, and 2 more weeks at Christmas! And, they offer free tuition benefits for family members!
They provide a full complement of benefits including Health/Dental/401K, etc. They are known for taking care of their employees. Experience:
Ideally you have served in mechanical engineering capacity at a multi sited industrial utility or institutional environment and possess at least ten years of engineering management experience with a demonstrated record of senior level expertise. Must have large facility or large campus mechanical engineering experience, with multiple location experience preferred.
Education and Knowledge Requirements Include:
- Registered/Licensed Professional Engineer
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in planning, design, installation of utility systems
- Successful track record of managing chilled and hot water systems of a large layout including all associated mechanical engineering HVAC needs
- Successful track record of managing construction and renovation teams and large capital projects
- Documented experience in CAD and AutoCAD
- Documented experience with SCADA systems
Candidate must be a US Citizen or permanently authorized to work in the US.
Why work with us at Power Careers as opposed to other firms?
The biggest value we bring to you as a potential candidate is our ACCESS to employers, our ABILITY to technically vet skill set matches and our EXPERTISE when considering your employment offer package. By access, we mean the industry relationships we have cultivated with Presidents, Owners and Operations Executives across the country who reach out to us daily with their talent needs. Here is a rundown of advantages you gain by working with our firm.
-We are experts in this Niche. We know the equipment-makes, models and manufacturers and all the needs happening in mission critical markets right now.
-We have longstanding relationships with companies across the United States. This gives us the ability to make candidate recommendations to top level decision makers and navigate cumbersome internal recruitment processes.
-We keep your candidacy 100% confidential letting you have peace of mind that you can explore your options while currently employed. At a minimum, connect with me on LinkedIn! Logan Ridlen, Project Manager at Power Careers LLC email@example.com Worried about the security of your resume, email me directly!
“I am a Project Manager at Power Careers LLC. We support mission critical power, electrical power, energy, renewable energy, data center and construction industries. This includes power generation, power distribution, power transmission, power quality, back-up power, packaged power, power protection and control, electrical testing, power equipment maintenance, acceptance testing, commissioning, and start-ups.”
Apply For Job