29th March, 2021
Director of Engineering – Professional Engineer (P.E.)
Full Time/Permanent Role
Compensation Range DPE: $150,000-$180,000
North East Campus Based Role
10K Relocation Allotment or Sign On Bonus Eligible
Power Careers LLC is confidentially seeking a true Engineering Leadership superstar with both a mechanical and electrical discipline skillset.
Our client is one of, if not the most prestigious, Ivy League college in the world. Their Energy & Facilities (E&F) division operates and managers the campus’ energy supply, district energy plants, and utility infrastructures. The E&F division has a rather large portfolio including engineering, technical, and sustainability services.
This role would lead, manage, and oversee our client’s engineering functions within the E&U department. This includes engineering services with ongoing operations, maintenance, renovation, and expansion of utilities (design, technical support, project management and financial oversight).
Responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Assume all engineering responsibility for utility systems through overseeing and managing the provision of all engineering services provided by the E&U department.
- Provide and ensure regular customer feedback and satisfaction through communication with client Schools and Units.
- Responsible for managing all project aspects performed by the Engineering group including project budgets, schedules, communications, approvals/reviews, negotiation of contracts, payment applications. Ensuring the projects and services are completed on time and within budget, meeting all expectations.
- Responsible for the development/maintenance/management of utility masterplans, utility system records/documentation, technical standards/guidelines/recommended practices, and other knowledge or information management initiatives.
- Collaborate with faculty representatives, architects, consulting engineers, and operating personnel on construction/renovation projects, problematic issues, energy conservation efforts, and overall operations to provide for the efficient utilization of resources and attainment of optimal value from the University’s utility and building systems.
Our client understands that your work is only as good as the support your employer provides to you. They offer an outstanding culture, with an industry leading salary package that includes 4 weeks’ vacation, the school’s time off at Thanksgiving fall break, and 2 more weeks at Christmas!
They provide a full complement of benefits including Health/Dental/401K, etc. They are known for taking care of their employees. Experience:
Ideally you have managed a multi sited industrial utility or institutional environment and possess at least ten years of engineering management experience and a demonstrated record of managerial positions. Must have large facility or large campus engineering management experience, with multiple location oversight preferred.
Education and Knowledge Requirements Include:
- Registered Professional Engineer
- BS or MS in Engineering
- Adept in both mechanical and electrical disciplines
- Leadership experience in managing capital projects and providing technical review and support
- Experience with managing finances with overhead budget/expenses
- Track record of large department staff leadership
- Successful track record of managing all electrical power systems of a large layout including but not limited to multiple building controls, automation systems and alarms
- Successful track record of managing chilled and hot water systems of a large layout including all associated HVAC needs
- Successful track record of managing construction and renovation teams and large capital projects
Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanently authorized to work in the US.
Why work with us at Power Careers as opposed to other firms?
The biggest value we bring to you as a potential candidate is our ACCESS to employers, our ABILITY to technically vet skill set matches and our EXPERTISE when considering your employment offer package. By access, we mean the industry relationships we have cultivated with Presidents, Owners and Operations Executives across the country who reach out to us daily with their talent needs. Here is a rundown of advantages you gain by working with our firm.
-We are experts in this Niche. We know the equipment-makes, models and manufacturers and all the needs happening in mission critical markets right now.
-We have longstanding relationships with companies across the United States. This gives us the ability to make candidate recommendations to top level decision makers and navigate cumbersome internal recruitment processes.
-We keep your candidacy 100% confidential letting you have peace of mind that you can explore your options while currently employed. At a minimum, connect with me on LinkedIn! Logan Ridlen, Project Manager at Power Careers LLC firstname.lastname@example.org Worried about the security of your resume, email me directly!
“I am a Project Manager at Power Careers LLC. We support mission critical power, electrical power, energy, renewable energy, data center and construction industries. This includes power generation, power distribution, power transmission, power quality, back-up power, packaged power, power protection and control, electrical testing, power equipment maintenance, acceptance testing, commissioning, and start-ups.”
Apply For Job