17th February, 2021
Drafter or Autocad Designer
Drafting Role in the MEP Services Market
Sterling VA-Gaithersburg MD Area
Full Time/Permanent Role
Compensation Range DPE: $50,000-$80,000
Power Careers LLC is confidentially seeking a Drafter experienced in the MEP space using Revit & AutoCAD.
Our client is a growing engineering organization with a trusted reputation for getting things done efficiently with an amazing talent pool of industry experts. They are now penetrating the mechanical, electrical, and plumbing marketplace as part of the integrated services they offer to their clients in mission critical environments such as data centers, healthcare, military, and other industrial settings.
The primary purpose of this role will be to provide ongoing support in drafting designs for piping and HVAC building systems. This includes mechanical plumbing, HVAC, piping projects for ongoing, large scale customers in the mission critical space. Examples include datacenter, military, healthcare and other large campus environments.
This role will be part of a multidisciplinary team managing all aspects of everything mechanical as related to building HVAC systems, plumbing and piping systems. This would include steam, water refrigeration, heat transfer, electric and some energy management. Responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Deliverables and products such as calculations, drawings, and specifications related to heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems in collaboration with PE and BSME staff.
- Perform calculations for a project, such as heating/cooling loads, equipment selection, and sizing, pipe and duct sizing, friction loss calculations, etc.
- Performing CADD drafting work.
- Review applicable codes and criteria and examine field conditions as required to support design of project.
Our client understands that your work is only as good as the support your employer provides to you. They offer an outstanding culture, with an industry leading salary package that includes paid travel, cell phone plan, work from home and internal advancement for those striving to do more!
They provide a full complement of benefits including Health/Dental/401K/Paid Vacations, etc. They are known for taking care of their employees. Qualifications:
Why work with us at Power Careers as opposed to other firms?
- Associate's or equivalent technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent) is preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong PC and CAD skills, as well as efficiency in utilizing computer software to complete design assignments. Candidates must have solid AutoCAD skills and those with REVIT experience will be given preference
The biggest value we bring to you as a potential candidate is our ACCESS to employers, our ABILITY to technically vet skill set matches and our EXPERTISE when considering your employment offer package. By access, we mean the industry relationships we have cultivated with Presidents, Owners and Operations Executives across the country who reach out to us daily with their talent needs. Here is a rundown of advantages you gain by working with our firm.
-We are experts in this Niche. We know the equipment-makes, models and manufacturers and all the needs happening in mission critical markets right now.
-We have longstanding relationships with companies across the United States. This gives us the ability to make candidate recommendations to top level decision makers and navigate cumbersome internal recruitment processes.
-We keep your candidacy 100% confidential letting you have peace of mind that you can explore your options while currently employed.
At a minimum, connect with me on LinkedIn!
Logan Ridlen, Project Manager at Power Careers LLC
Worried about the security of your resume, email me directly!
“I am a Project Manager at Power Careers LLC. We support mission critical power, electrical power, energy, renewable energy, data center and construction industries. This includes power generation, power distribution, power transmission, power quality, back-up power, packaged power, power protection and control, electrical testing, power equipment maintenance, acceptance testing, commissioning, and start-ups.”
Apply For Job