09th June, 2021
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as Applications Security Analyst in Auckland to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
You’ll join our Operations team — the team that provides expertise and support to our five business verticals. You’ll work hand in hand with internal stakeholders to help them overcome obstacles by understanding their unique goals and challenges, so they can focus on what really matters - helping our customers succeed.
Reporting into Head of Security (APAC) you’ll support the implementation of application security frameworks . performing static and dynamic code testing, manual code inspection, threat modeling, design reviews of applications vulnerabilities and security defects. Some of the other responsibilities you’ll have:
What would make me a good candidate?
- Enable information confidence - preserving the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our information so that it can be safely shared and used to drive our growth and innovation
- Empower our people to be security assets - our first line of defence against the threats to our information security
- Facilitate the regulatory compliance of our businesses by operating within a framework that outputs compliance as a product of information confidence
- Provide visibility to the security risks our businesses face, and enable controls that reduce risk exposure to acceptable levels
- Limit the business loss arising from security issues by monitoring for threats and responding to events appropriately
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans.
- Develop and implement use/abuse cases for application security to enforce security standards.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in application security for projects during development phases to provide security advisory and recommendations, ensuring the implementation of approved security requirements.
You should either have a couple of years’ experience with secure development or be a recent graduate with both passion and knowledge for security. OWASP certification would be an advantage, as would experience within the financial sector but an understanding and passion for security would be your greatest asset.
Knowledge and experience with applying Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE), Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS), Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) and Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) processes and remediation recommendations would be beneficial.
As well as experience on web, desktop-based, and mobile applications, for information gathering, privileged escalations, input validation, single sign-on, web-based loopholes, and business logic flaws in source code. You should also be experienced with DevSecOps, CI/CD pipeline security and Terraform Infrastrcture as Code. What does it mean to work for Xplor?
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
More about us
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to EAP
- Fully flexible work arrangements
- Health & Life Insurance
- A free weekly barista coffee
- Free fruit
- Discounted Gym Membership etc
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services. How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Robert Keyworth, Talent Partner - APAC
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit https://www.xplortechnologies.com. Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pasifika languages to apply. We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.
Apply For Job