27th May, 2021
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as UI Designer in Auckland to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
You’ll join our Debitsuccess Product team — the team that provides expertise and support to our five business verticals. You’ll work hand in hand with internal stakeholders to help them overcome obstacles by understanding their unique goals and challenges, so they can focus on what really matters - helping our customers succeed.
Reporting into the Product Manager you’ll work with our scrum teams, reviewing the products and ensuring that we're following current and modern UI design principles as well as making improvements to the process. Some of the other responsibilities you’ll have:
What would make me a good candidate?
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with the Product Manager, UX Lead/Designer, Business Analysts and Product Owners
- Identify user problems and issues through research and hands on user testing
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of the end users and present findings and recommendations to the Product Team and the Development Teams
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, wireframes and mock ups
- Work closely with the UX Lead/Designer to understand the interactions and user experience needed from designs
- Create high fidelity UI wireframes down to the pixel detail that the developers can pick up and develop from
- Design graphic user interface elements
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
- Proven work experience as a UI Designer
- A solid understanding of design tools and technologies: sketch, photoshop, HTML/CSS and wireframe sharing tools
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and collaboration skills
- Ability to work with and influence a number of stakeholders to ensure that the best user experience and designs get developed within the delivery timeframe that is available
- Ability to produce high fidelity visual designs and graphic user interface elements
- Experience with UX would be beneficial
- Proactive, self-motivated learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals
- Ability to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves
- You align with our four core values and you’re simply a good human
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
More about us
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to EAP
- Fully flexible work arrangements
- Health & Life Insurance
- A free weekly barista coffee
- Free fruit
- Discounted Gym Membership etc
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services. How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Robert Keyworth, Talent Partner - APAC
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit https://www.xplortechnologies.com. Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pasifika languages to apply. We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.
Apply For Job