08th April, 2021
Take a seat on the Xplor rocketship and join us as Internal Control Manager in Auckland to help people succeed across the world.
From dropping your kids off at childcare, getting something at home repaired, going to the gym or a fitness studio, to picking up your dry cleaning — our software, payments, and commerce-enabling solutions help everyday life businesses to overcome obstacles and form great relationships with their customers.
About the opportunity
You’ll join our Finance team — the team that provides expertise and support to our five business verticals. You’ll work hand in hand with internal stakeholders to help them overcome obstacles by understanding their unique goals and challenges, so they can focus on what really matters - helping our customers succeed.
Reporting into Head of Internal Control, you’ll help us develop and improve our Internal Controls over Financial Reporting. We are building a small team and are seeking an experienced Internal Control (senior) manager to join us build, implement and monitor internal controls. You will be working closely with the Head of Internal Controls and the finance team.
Some of the other responsibilities you’ll have:
What would make me a good candidate?
- Assess, document and report on the key risks in the group’s financial processes, including the risk of material misstatement in financial reporting
- Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitoring of the group’s internal control framework, including group policies for internal control, to ensure that the group has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial processes
- Lead internal reviews and testing of internal control compliance in subsidiaries
- Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business partners, senior leadership and the audit committee
- Develop clear action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies
What does it mean to work for Xplor?
- Solid understanding and experience with internal control frameworks, most notably SOX
- Experience from a similar position in a multinational group or delivering similar services via a Big 4 audit firm at a Manager / Senior Manager level
- Experience in the financial services and technology industries
- Strong analytical skills – includes the ability to spot, assess and address risk, materiality and interdependencies and translate it into impact analysis for financial reporting and recommendations for improvement
- Strong communication skills – presenting internal control and risk matters in an understandable way across various forums and levels of the organisation with the right level of detail. Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Good understanding of accounting principles
- Proactive, self-motivated learner with a strong drive to achieve personal goals
- Ability to work in a team where you manage your own time and priorities
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt - no two days are the same!
- You’re a true team player who knows that we all have to sometimes roll up our sleeves
- You align with our four core values and you’re simply a good human
Our four core values - Make life simple, Build for people, Move with purpose and Create lasting communities - are key to who we are and guide us from how we hire to how we recognise our team members.
Some of the perks of working with us:
More about us
- Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerated career development
- A collaborative, team environment with people who truly love what they do
- 12 weeks Gender Neutral Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carer
- Unlimited access to Udemy for Business, 10% of your time devoted to growing you and your career, and further support to help you grow
- Access to EAP
- Fully flexible work arrangements
- Health & Life Insurance
- A free weekly barista coffee
- Free fruit
- Discounted Gym Membership etc
We’ve recently expanded our reach by merging the two software and payments powerhouses TSG and Clearent. The resulting company is Xplor Technologies serving over 82,000 businesses that processed over $27 billion in payments, operating across 158 countries in 2020.
Xplor is headquartered in the United States in Atlanta, GA, with operations across North America, Australasia, Europe, and the United Kingdom. We now have over 2,000 Xplorers, working across five “everyday life” verticals: Education, Health and Fitness, Boutique Wellness, Field Services and Personal Services. How to apply?
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "moonshot" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad. Your contact is Robert Keyworth, Talent Partner - APAC
Sheryl Sandberg once said, “If you're offered a seat on a rocket ship, don't ask what seat! Just get on.” We couldn't agree more. So, are you ready to get on board?
To learn more about us and our products, please visit https://www.xplortechnologies.com. Xplor is dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pasifika languages to apply. We’re committed to replying to each application and look forward to getting in touch with you soon.
Apply For Job