31st December, 2020
Clubware is looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to lead our team on Auckland’s North Shore.
We’re TSG. There’s a good chance you’ve not heard of us yet – we’re just getting going. We’re the people who power gyms, fitness facilities, childcare centres and independent personal trainers in a load of places across the globe (Aus, NZ, UK, USA and Canada, with more to come). We’re bringing together the very best companies in the industry through smart, intentional acquisition. And we’re getting ready to go big.
Clubware, part of our Health & Fitness vertical is an industry specific gym software solution designed and developed with valuable input from health and fitness professionals. This platform specializes in membership management, integrated billing, custom reporting, and an all-new customizable consumer mobile app.
Why work for us
We are one of New Zealand’s fastest growing tech companies and it’s a very exciting time to be joining us. We are truly global, have a world class leadership team and offer excellent benefits. These include flexible working hours, free coffee once a week, free fruit, discounted gym membership and health and life insurance.
Responsibilities for this role include:
Key skills required to be successful in this role include:
- Lead and contribute toward the development of high quality software design and architecture – ensure we architect and design our products using the most modern SaaS architectures, that can also interoperate with within the local environment of our clients
- Manage the Development team and work closely with the product management team on market and clients on requirements
- Manage a diverse team of mobile, front end and back end developers, testers, CI/CD and Dev Ops engineers and architecture
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the whole software development lifecycle
- Be passionate about building and shipping great products that delight our customers and their members
- Manage all general HR matters in relation to the Development team with the support of the Head of Product & Technology as required
- Attend and contribute to management meetings
- Report on software development KPI’s in a timely manner providing commentary on performance
- Ensure the team has appropriately skilled people resource to meet current and future needs
- Responsible for managing and motivating the team, enabling them to reach their potential within the business
How to apply
- Relevant Experience as a Software Manager in a fast growing technology business
- 10 + years’ previous developer experience
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
- Strong prioritisation, time management and organisational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and uses initiative
- Demonstrates self-motivation and drive
- High attention to detail
- Customer Focused
- Displays integrity and professionalism
- Well organised with the ability to manage multiple deliverables
- Ability to work autonomously
Please apply with a copy of your CV and a cover letter explaining your skills and experience. Please note that only candidates with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this opportunity.
Given the year 2020 has been, we are giving our staff a well-deserved break over the Christmas period. This means our recruitment will be slowing down over the next few weeks. Please bear this in mind when applying, and we will aim to get back to you after we return to the office on the 11th January. Have a great Christmas and New Year and we look forward to processing your application with you soon.
Apply For Job