02nd October, 2020
We’re TSG. There’s a good chance you’ve not heard of us yet – we’re just getting going. We’re the people who power gyms, fitness facilities, childcare centers and independent personal trainers in a load of places across the globe (US, Aus, NZ, UK, Japan, France, and Canada, with more to come). We’re bringing together the very best companies in the industry through smart, intentional acquisition. And we’re getting ready to go big.
In the US, we’ve brought together Mariana Tek, Zingfit, Triib and TrueCoach, to form our Boutique Vertical. There’s over 140 of us in the Boutique team and we’re passionate about fitness, stellar customer support and creating tech that solves problems for busy people. We’re based across the US with offices in DC, Boulder, Louisville and Boston. Our products are already revolutionizing boutique fitness, by automating admin and other tasks for gym owners and trainers, so they can get out of the office and spend more time doing what they love.
If you’re passionate about tech, fitness and working with talented, ambitious people, then we’d love to hear from you.
The Senior Backend Engineer will focus on the TrueCoach platform and its mission to improve the lives of fitness coaches and their clients. TrueCoach is a tool that enables coaches to save time, grow their business, and deliver a better experience for their clients.
As the Senior Backend Engineer, you'll get the chance to own and build out multiple areas of the product, and be a driving force behind our evolution as a company. We have a solid foundation, with revenue and happy customers that love us, but we're just getting started.
Our stack and methodology:
- Development: Ruby, Rails
- Databases: Postgres, Redis
- Testing: RSpec, CircleCI
- Infrastructure: Heroku, AWS
We also follow agile based development, continuous integration, and we use Git.
Location: Boulder, CO or Remote U.S.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Creating and releasing product features that are well tested and provide value to our clients
- Planning and implementing new features in collaboration with product and design
- Write clean, tested and well-documented code
- Participate in full-life cycle software development
- At least 5 years of experience building scalable and performant REST APIs.
- Proven track record of building high quality web applications
- Fluency with a modern, server side web application framework
- Proficiency with SQL
- Strong data and domain modeling skills
- Strong understanding of fundamental technologies of the web and browser
- Fluency with Ruby on Rails a distinct plus
- Strong dev ops and application deployment skills a plus
- Proven experience building SaaS products a distinct plus
- Passionate about health and fitness a plus
Work Skills/Personal Characteristics:
- Strong desire to learn new things
- Hard working, open to constructive feedback, and ready to do the best work of your career
- Strong Communication Skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Quick learner, willing to take initiative
Travel Requirements: There are no specific travel requirements for this position.
Apply For Job
TSG is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.