We’re TSG. There’s a good chance you’ve not heard of us yet – we’re just getting going. We’re the people who power gyms, fitness facilities, childcare centers and independent personal trainers in a load of places across the globe (US, Aus, NZ, UK, Japan, France, and Canada, with more to come). We’re bringing together the very best companies in the industry through smart, intentional acquisition. And we’re getting ready to go big.
In the US, we’ve brought together Mariana Tek, Zingfit, Triib and TrueCoach, to form our Boutique Fitness Division. There’s over 140 of us in the Boutique team and we’re passionate about fitness, stellar customer support and creating tech that solves problems for busy people. We’re based across the U.S. with offices in DC, Boulder, Louisville and Boston. Our products are already revolutionizing boutique fitness, by automating admin and other tasks for gym owners and trainers, so they can get out of the office and spend more time doing what they love.
If you’re passionate about tech, fitness and working with talented, ambitious people, then we’d love to hear from you.
As a scrum master in the Boutique Fitness Division, you will work with technology and product leadership to define and enforce Agile best practices across our 8 product teams. We’re delivering updates to our customers daily and during this rapid expansion it’s becoming more and more critical that the products we build are coordinated and delivered efficiently. You’ll work with the teams building iOS, Android, and Backend APIs on a daily basis, leading standups, leading grooming sessions, and helping to resolve blockers so that the teams can perform at their best.
Location: Washington, DC or Remote
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
● Guide and coach the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
● Gets the team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
● Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
● Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
● Resolves team impediments with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum in the organization.
● Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
● Helps the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction
● Remove impediments and coaches the scrum team on removing impediments
● Resolve conflicts and issues that occur
● Support the product owner and provide education where needed
● Bachelor’s degree
● 4 years of product or project development experience, or 3 years of project development experience on an Agile Team or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
● 2+ years experience as a scrum master
Work Skills/Personal Characteristics
● Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings at multiple levels of an organization and an understanding of facilitation techniques
● Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e. Scrum, Kanban), or understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
● Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
● Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
● Ability to analyze and think quickly and to resolve conflict
● Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum
● Ability to work with and lead a team
● Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
● Ability to adapt to a changing environment
● Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction
Travel Requirements: minimal
TSG is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.