12th May, 2020
Clubware is looking for a Software Engineer Team Lead to join our team in Takapuna. You will be an experienced lead with a strong background in Node.JS as well as experience in an Agile environment. You will be a strong communicator with a passion for technology the drive to deliver the best possible product. You will also be someone who is comfortable working in collaboration with the Architect, Software Manager etc.
Based on Auckland’s North Shore, Clubware (part of TSG) is an industry specific gym software solution designed and developed with valuable input from health and fitness professionals. This platform specializes in membership management, integrated billing, custom reporting, and an all-new customizable consumer mobile app. Clubware has strong presence in Australia and New Zealand and is rapidly expanding its reach into the US, the UK, and additional markets.
Why work for us
We are one of New Zealand’s fastest growing tech companies and offer excellent benefits. These include flexible working hours, free coffee Fridays, free fruit, discounted gym membership and health and life insurance.
Responsibilities for this role include:
Key skills required to be successful in this role include:
- Contribute to software projects in all aspects of system analysis, design, coordination, documentation, implementation, and testing.
- Write, edit, and debug software for assigned projects
- Contribute to analysis of software projects including performance, diagnosis, and troubleshooting.
- Conduct peer reviews for other members of the development team, ensuring that project conventions are adhered too and that requirements are correctly implemented.
- Work with staff and clients to identify opportunities for improvement and optimisation of existing software projects
- Assist QA with automation testing as needed
- Lead software engineers within a scrum team to enhance team culture, manage personnel and provide performance feedback
- Responsible for managing and motivating the team, enabling them to reach their potential within the business
- Promote a collaborative work environment with team members and internal stakeholders through effective communication
- Assist with the recruitment of new staff as required
- Advise on gaps in software engineering resourcing across the teams to the Software Development Manager
- Strong knowledge of Node.js (Serverless, micro services) and/or React (Apollo/GraphQL)
- Experience working as a lead in an Agile Environment.
- Strong prioritisation, time management and organisational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Great team management capability
- Analysis and problem-solving skills
- Version Control Systems using GIT
- Relational databases more specifically in PostgreSQL
- Experience with popular open source web development projects
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Based on Auckland’s North Shore Clubware (part of TSG) is an industry specific gym software solution designed and developed with valuable input from health and fitness professionals. This platform specializes in membership management, integrated billing, custom reporting, and an all-new customizable consumer mobile app. Clubware has strong presence in Australia and New Zealand and is rapidly expanding its reach into the US, the UK, and additional markets. How to apply
Please apply with a copy of your CV and a cover letter explaining your skills and experience.
Please note that only candidates with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this opportunity.
Apply For Job