06th February, 2020
BOC, a member of Linde PLC, is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We develop safe, sustainable and innovative solutions for customers in many specialty sectors, heavy industry and medical environments. For more than a century, the company’s gases and expertise have contributed to advances in industry and everyday life, including steelmaking, refining, chemical processing, environmental protection, wastewater treatment, welding and cutting, food processing and distribution, glass production, electronics and health care.
About the role
The focus of this role is to maintain the efficient and cost-effective running of our operating sites by ensuring that all specified instrumentation, control and analytical systems are running in an optimal level providing support and functionality to sustain production and implement projects.
Based in our Head Office in North Ryde, NSW the key responsibilities of this role are to support the implementation of a strategy for sourcing, engineering, maintaining and troubleshooting automation systems in a standardised way as well as Support the continuous improvement of assets, work processes and people capabilities to maximize business profitability optimizing functionality, reliability, efficiency and lifecycle cost of automation systems.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Perform Risk Assessments for automation systems and related work flows as part of the Management of Change Process
- Provide Automation Systems technical support to the operating sites and the Remote Operating Centre as required
- Ensure that maintenance for automation systems is adequate, cost efficient and in compliance to Linde work processes
- Review and support the development of Automation scope of major turnarounds
- Develop and/or review all major modifications and configuration changes to the automation systems.
- Provide the site teams with the necessary expert support in emergency situations
- Review downtime reporting of Automation System failures at sites in the Country Cluster
- Review internal and external maintenance cost
- Influence On-site Operations teams to improve reliability of plant assets
- Manage regional contractors and suppliers
- Knowledge of control systems specifically Siemens PCS7, Siemens PLCs
- Knowledge of advanced process control systems such as Linear Model Predictive Control (LMPC) and Automatic Start-up (AST).
- Experience in root cause failure analysis
- Strong capability to facilitate or lead risk assessments and make risk-based decisions
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Good negotiation skills
- Good oral & written communication skills in English language to explain and document reasoning for decisions.
While a candidate possessing a Bachelors of Degree in Electrical & Instrumentation is desirable, we are also open to extensive electrical and instrumentation PLC experience.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that's why we have introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive superannuation benefits.
Apply For Job