05th February, 2020
BOC, a member of Linde PLC, is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We develop safe, sustainable and innovative solutions for customers in many specialty sectors, heavy industry and medical environments. For more than a century, the company’s gases and expertise have contributed to advances in industry and everyday life, including steelmaking, refining, chemical processing, environmental protection, wastewater treatment, welding and cutting, food processing and distribution, glass production, electronics and health care.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to provide legal support across all of BOC South Pacific Business Units.
Based in our Head Office in North Ryde, NSW and reporting to the Head of Legal South Pacific, you will be a legal partner to BOC’s stakeholders, responsible for identifying legal risk in connection with BOC ‘s commercial contracts with customers and suppliers and advise, assist the business to avoid or mitigate such risk.
Other responsibilities in this role include:
To be successful you will have:
- Provide hands-on legal advice in all relevant business areas and take an active role in reviewing commercial contracts / deals/ agreement on behalf of BOC when appropriate.
- Ensure implementation of compliance policies, procedures and training
- Advise and coach management on legal matters.
- Work directly with senior management to review, approve and execute contracts.
- Work effectively in cross-border, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Support improvement of Legal Services operations, including the development of effective information and knowledge sharing, and standardisation of templates and forms.
- Full qualification as lawyer/associate or solicitor with at least 5+ years of professional experience post admission.
- Practicing Certificate: Corporate Legal Practitioner.
- Strong understanding of commercial law, commercial contracts, supplier liability agreements.
- Experience in negotiation of supplier liability & consequential loss agreements.
- Proven expertise in advising stakeholders on commercial contracts / transactions / M & A.
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to apply a legal framework to emerging legislative and regulatory changes.
- Strong awareness of legal and commercial risks and the ability to provide clear business recommendations.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that's why we have introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive superannuation benefits. We are also firmly in the driver's seat when it comes to our involvement in the community as well as our charity involvement with organisations such as Road Safety Education and Redkite.
Apply For Job