20th March, 2020
BOC, a member of Linde PLC, is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We develop safe, sustainable and innovative solutions for customers in many specialty sectors, heavy industry and medical environments. For more than a century, the company’s gases and expertise have contributed to advances in industry and everyday life, including steelmaking, refining, chemical processing, environmental protection, wastewater treatment, welding and cutting, food processing and distribution, glass production, electronics and health care.
About the role
The purpose of this position is to look after regular maintenance activities across our sites in SA leading to efficient and reliable plant operations.
Based at our site in Whyalla, SA and reporting to the Production Manager you will be responsible for preventative, corrective, predictive and reliable maintenance of machinery in accordance with KPIs and site objectives.
Other responsibilities in this role include:
Skills & Experience
- Responsible for controllable site costs
- Support work on sites to achieve KPIs and site objectives
- Support and suggest activities required to ensure reliability and improvement of the plants and support execution and commissioning
- Accountable for timely and accurate data reporting
- Accountable for planning and executing assigned maintenance and Turn Around plans
- Responsible for control of spare parts
- Monitor, Alert and Assist the Remote Operations Centre (ROC) in plant operations including shutdown and restart
- Supporting compliance to statutory requirements such as Safety Valves, Pressure Vessel and Piping
- Accountable for compliance with safety, health, environmental, quality and relevant industry (e.g. Food, Healthcare) standards
- Supporting tanker loading on an as needs basis
- Supervision of contractors on site
- Proven experience and knowledge of process fixed plant in either Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation maintenance.
- Troubleshooting and fault-finding experience
- Knowledge and experience with ASU, turbines, compressors, Heat Exchangers etc.
- Trade certification or extensive trade experience in a similar capacity
- Experience in Excel, SAP will be highly regarded
- Effective communication
- Problem-solving/analytical skills
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that's why we have introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive superannuation benefits.
Apply For Job