23rd March, 2020
Senior Tax Accountant – Elgas – North Ryde About Elgas
Elgas is a leading provider of LPG and related products, services and technical solutions in Australia & New Zealand. A part of Linde PLC, we are known as experts in our field, who hold the safety of people and sustainability of our communities as our top priorities. We respond to change with integrity and innovation, to ensure our customers get performance and reliability from our products and services, and we achieve this through great people who take the lead.
We are looking for a Senior Tax Accountant
to join the Elgas team based in North Ryde. You will primarily be responsible for the Australian Tax compliance of Elgas and supporting the BOC Tax Team
for some compliance activities.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will have a level of autonomy in the preparation of tax returns and managing tax payments
, as well as having a high level of interaction with the BOC Tax Team who has oversight of the quality of tax compliance. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
It is expected you bring experience and knowledge including:
- Preparation of tax returns, including Excise, GST, payroll tax, fringe benefits and income tax returns
- Preparation of Tax Effect Accounting and tax reporting requirements
- Review and analysis of quarterly tax submissions, including preparation of commentary where required
- Preparation of year-end tax notes and commentary, analysis and forecasting of key tax metrics in Global Tax reporting portal
- Liaising with external advisors, auditors and revenue officers as required in relation to tax compliance matters
- Proactively manage tax payments for the business including company tax instalments, withholding tax, GST, payroll tax, fringe benefits tax
- Support the Financial Controller to develop and implement policy, procedures and systems in relation to all aspects of tax compliance
Here at Elgas
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CA/CPA or ACA qualifications
- Strong demonstrated experience in a Corporate Tax role within a Big 4 firm or large corporate
- High degree of knowledge of Tax Effect Accounting
- Strong knowledge of income tax return preparation
- Expertise with GST, FBT and payroll tax
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills such as issue definition, solution identification and data evaluation.
Elgas is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and men of all ages, including Indigenous Australians and people with a disability. We're local, with service centres around the country to ensure rapid supply and reliable delivery in virtually every area. Our customers get convenient 24/7 Online Services for orders, payments and account information.
Elgas offers a diverse range of employment opportunities for outstanding individuals, including the possibility of career advancement opportunities with BOC and the global Linde Group.
'Put your energy to work at Elgas'
Apply For Job