13th February, 2020
BOC, a member of Linde PLC, is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We develop safe, sustainable and innovative solutions for customers in many specialty sectors, heavy industry and medical environments. For more than a century, the company’s gases and expertise have contributed to advances in industry and everyday life, including steelmaking, refining, chemical processing, environmental protection, wastewater treatment, welding and cutting, food processing and distribution, glass production, electronics and health care.
About the Role:
Based in Port Kembla, NSW and reporting to Production Manager On-site Operations the Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the overall plant maintenance and reliable operations of multiple sites in NSW.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that all plant equipment is maintained and operating in a safe and reliable manner to reduce downtime and maintain/increase production.
Working alongside the Reliability and Improvements Engineer you will be responsible for organising and managing multiples contractors on-site as well as monitoring and issuing work permits for scheduled work. Apart from day to day maintenance, the Maintenance Supervisor is also accountable for the Maintenance Specifications and the Maintenance budget.
Other Responsibilities include:
To be successful you will have:
- Responsible for compliance with safety, health, environmental, quality and relevant industry standards.
- Look after the development of the annual asset maintenance schedule and individual asset integrity plans.
- Responsible for storage and ensuring adequate control of spare parts in the plants
- Manage and handle cost control of plants and budget compliance regarding Repairs and Maintenance.
- Report cost of down time and execute any action plans.
- Coordinate the suggestion activities required to ensure reliability and continuous improvement plans of the plants
- Provide timely and accurate data reporting on assets including condition based monitoring and financial reporting, budget development
- Monitor, Alert and Assist the Remote Operations Centre (ROC) in plant operations including fault finding of asset integrity.
- Lead root cause analysis for improving mean time between failures.
- Analytical mindset - ability to provide solutions technical problems
- Corrective & Preventative maintenance experience in a process plant environment
- Effective communication skills - the ability to liaise with relevant departments and be able to demonstrate experience in managing multiple vendors and contractors
To be successful in this challenging support role, a candidate must have proven experience and knowledge of process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and control systems.
While a candidate possessing a Trade certification in Electrical/Instrumentation or Mechanical will be ideal, we are also open to extensive experience in relevant maintenance within a Plant Production Facility. Further to this, we are also open to any Engineers who would like to apply.
Our people have the opportunity to thrive and excel. We provide a wide range of training programmes to enhance career development. There is potential for overseas opportunities. We also have a variety of employee appreciation programs to recognise individual and team efforts.
At BOC we respect a work/life balance, and that's why we have introduced initiatives such as generous parental leave, flexible working arrangements and attractive superannuation benefits. We are also firmly in the driver's seat when it comes to our involvement in the community as well as our charity involvement with organisations such as Road Safety Education and Redkite.
Apply For Job