Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno)
is seeking a Chief of Party
candidate for a forthcoming USAID Youth Employment Activity in Djibouti. This activity will work to increase youth employment through strengthened workforce programs and expanded links to quality jobs.
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall activity management in Djibouti and represent the activity to key stakeholders, including the Government of Djibouti, USAID, and other donors. The COP will provide technical design and oversight of activities and will assist in managing relationships with partners in the public, private, and education sectors. The COP will support overall implementation and general technical direction of the entire activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the required results.
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants:
- At least a Master’s degree in business, economics, education, human resources, or other relevant field; or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 15 years of experience implementing complex economic development, workforce skills development, or education programs, particularly in developing countries.
- Minimum 5 years of experience serving in a senior leadership capacity managing a team.
- Experience with strengthening school-to-work transition institutions, bolstering youth work readiness, fostering youth entrepreneurship, and working effectively with private sector partners and local youth-led or youth-serving groups to stimulate youth employment.
- Preference for experience with social and behavior change, enhancement of the use of technology in education, and the development or strengthening of informal education programs.
- Experience building multi-stakeholder coalitions and engaging the private sector to solve youth employment issues.
- Experience working collaboratively with national government entities, private sector organizations, academia, and SMEs to facilitate public-private partnerships and increase human capital.
- Experience coordinating activities with multiple donor agencies (including USAID, World Bank, and UN agencies).
- USAID experience and understanding of key USAID priorities required;
- Experience in East Africa preferred.
- Experience in project design and implementation, including financial management experience, such as budgeting; tracking, reporting and accounting; and procurement preferred.
- Excellent oral and written English and French language communication skills.
Cardno has a long-standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. This position will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment and reasonable accommodations will be considered. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cardno International Development provides practical, innovative, and sustainable results in international development with over 50 years of history in 71 countries and with over 100 active projects. As facilitators of locally led drivers of growth Cardno ID focuses on capacity building and empowerment, enabling long-term solutions and inclusive development.
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment to learn more about Cardno International Development.