24th November, 2021
About the Program
The Cambodia-Australia Agricultural Value Chain Program (CAVAC) is the largest investment in Australia’s development cooperation program with Cambodia. It is funded by the Australian Government through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and implemented by Cardno.
CAVAC Phase II, which began in January 2016 and continues into 2022, will be a key mechanism for delivering Australian Government support to Cambodia under the Mekong Australia Partnership.
CAVAC’s overarching goal is to promote a commercially viable, resilient agriculture sector supporting inclusive growth in Cambodia. CAVAC has two objectives to contribute to the overall goal, built around the two core areas of CAVAC capability:
- Contributing to profitable irrigated agriculture, through both the delivery of sustainable irrigation services and assisting Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) to improve the quality, sustainability and effectiveness of irrigation investments.
- Promoting an increasingly competitive agriculture industry through cooperation with both the public and private sectors to produce more quality and high value agricultural products, and to provide a regulatory environment that promotes competitiveness.
The Program is overseen by a National Steering Committee, co-chaired by DFAT, the RGC’s Ministry of Water Resources and Meteorology, and Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries. Cooperation with the RGC, as well as use of private sector partnerships and a limited number of civil society partnerships are key features. About the Role
To ensure the commerciality of the feasibility study and the practicality of the site-specific business case for an Agro-Industrial Park (AIP) in Cambodia, CAVAC is seeking a technical expert on Industrial Park infrastructure development and operational systems planning. Expertise in the agri-food sector will be a value-add. The expert will also provide advice on any special facilities required and essential services, in line with best practices and the specific needs of an industrial park in Cambodia.
Key activities include:
- Review and provide feedback (with a practical and commercial lens) on the studies of feasibility, demand assessment, value chain analysis, and particularly the site-specific business case for the establishment and operation of an AIP in Cambodia. Feedback must consider best practices and the specific needs of an industrial park, including leasing regulations, operating policies, infrastructure, special facilities and essential services.
- Lead the development of a strategic plan to operationalise the AIP, including advice on how to secure investment/funding sources for the establishment of the park (this could include industrial operators, developers, and sponsors).
- Provide strategic advice to SNEC and the industrial park steering committee on how to transition from feasibility to an implementation phase. Advice must consider commercial aspects of the proposed operating model and other feasibility recommendations.
- Propose a marketing and promotion plan to help attract prospective investors as tenants for the established park.
- Support and coordinate visits to comparable overseas agri-food or similar industrial estates for the AIP Inter-Ministerial Steering Committee, which will be organised by CAVAC.
To access the Terms of Reference detailing the role, responsibilities and selection criteria for this position, please copy and paste this link into your web browser: https://www.cardno.com/media/8481/tor-cavac-industrial-parks-expert.pdf About You
Our ideal candidate will bring professional experience in developing and managing the operations and performance of industrial parks or agri-food processing related economic zones. Experience managing agri-food industrial estates is a bonus.
You will also have:
How to apply?
- An advanced degree in Industrial Estate Management, Business Administration and Management, Operations and Supply Chain Management, Agricultural Business, or a related field.
- Demonstrated work experience in investment promotion for industrial estates / park development, including expertise in financial viability analysis for different financing models.
- Excellent understanding of infrastructure, special facilities, and services of a well-functioning Industrial Park, Special Economic Zone or SMEs cluster in the region.
- Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills. Good command (verbal and written) in Khmer is a benefit.
- Ability to work collaboratively and constructively as part of a team environment, and in particular, respond and find solution to the views of a multi-stakeholder steering committee.
To apply, please email your application with “CAVAC Industrial Parks Expert” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must contain the following:
- Your CV, outlining your work history and relevant experience
- A cover letter / statement addressing the essential selection criteria (no more than two pages)
- Name and contact details (phone and email) of three professional referees.
Queries relating to this assignment should be directed to email@example.com. It is essential that you quote ‘CAVAC Industrial Parks Expert’
in the subject line, or you may not receive a response. Kindly note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The closing date is 5pm, 20 December 2021 (Phnom Penh time)
. About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
Apply For Job