15th September, 2021
ESIP is a development assistance program supported by the Australian Government (DFAT) and implemented by Cardno.
ESIP is working with Papua New Guinea partners to support improved planning, prioritisation, delivery and maintenance of economic and social infrastructure. Priority infrastructure sub-sectors for the Program include Electricity, Telecommunications and Water and Sanitation. Gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) and safeguards are a focus for the Program and are mainstreamed across activities and operations.
The Strategic Management Adviser will support (interim) NEA leadership in establishing the NEA as an effective entity in PNG’s energy sector (its internal capabilities), and defining and implementing its roles relating to planning, policy, and regulation (its external responsibilities). The Strategic Management Adviser is expected to work alongside other advisers that will be sought by the NEA.
The Terms of Reference are at https://www.cardno.com/media/8090/tor-strategic-management-adviser-energy.pdf
- At least 10 years of experience in energy planning, and/or energy policy, and/or energy regulation, including investment planning, policy analysis, sector reform, regulatory and institutional capacity building, and tariff regulation in the energy sector.
- At least 5 years of experience in senior roles, or senior advisory roles, within a utility, energy ministry, regulator, or similar institution.
- Proven experience in strategic management and institutional development, including the design and implementation of complex plans.
- Ability to communicate to and instruct third parties and key stakeholders on NEA’s outputs, processes, and decisions.
- Ability to apply independent judgment and ability to influence, and develop consensus on difficult and controversial issues, balancing multiple stakeholder expectations and objectives.
- Ability to promote Government of PNG/DFAT's safeguards and cross-cutting policies including child protection, disability inclusive development, and gender equality and the empowerment of women.
This position will be remunerated according to the long-term adviser (LTA) rates in the Australian Government’s Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF). It will be offered at a level commensurate to the successful candidate's experience relevant to the role, within the following broadband: Discipline Group C, Job Level 3. How to apply
Click the "Apply" button to submit your application before the deadline of 11:59pm Wednesday 13 October (Port Moresby, PNG time). Your application must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae including details of at least two professional referees
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria
For any questions about the position, please contact email@example.com About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection and bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply For Job