01st September, 2021
The Building Pacific Capacity Program (BPaC) is a new program funded by the Australian Government and managed by Cardno. Currently in design, the program will provide a suite of flexible, fit-for-purpose options that will support broad governance and stability development outcomes in the Pacific Island Countries of Nauru, Kiribati, Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI), Tuvalu, Palau and Cook Islands. We could also expand to other countries over time. BPaC will continue services from the Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 and support the deployment of Technical Assistance.
About the Role:
Cardno is seeking to engage Partnership Officers, that are located in our focus countries (one per country); to support program design, delivery and the creation of a broad range of partnerships and networks.
In our larger countries of focus, Tuvalu, Kiribati and Nauru, the roles will be full-time, while in our smaller countries of focus the personnel will be engaged on a part-time basis. Functions will be tailored to meet the needs to our programming in the specific countries. Roles will be working from home, and flexibility of hours will be considered.
Key functions will include:
- Lead on in-country administrative and logistical support for contracted short- and long-term advisers for BPaC whilst deployed oversees, e.g., arranging hotel and / or longer-term accommodation, undertaking housing suitability assessments and other due diligence functions in-country, and management of the in-country induction of advisers upon arrival.
- Undertake or support any in-country subcontractor procurement processes and make payments in accordance with DFAT and Cardno policies and procedures.
- Support the BPaC team’s engagement with counterparts in-country and help facilitate meetings and/or events as required.
- Support the development of networks and facilitation of opportunities under BPaC including with government, civil society and the private sector.
- Support the development of Security Plans for each country and regularly the monitor the security situation with the Recruitment and Deployee Support Coordinator and Cardno’s Security Manager.
- Assist in maintaining financial records and filing systems, including scanning and photocopying records and assisting in preparation of monthly VAT returns.
For more information on the role including key selection criteria, please click and paste this link: https://bit.ly/3BosNnYHow to Apply:
All applications may be submitted by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button, and include the following:
- Your CV, including the names and contact details of 2 professional referees
- A cover letter, describing how your skills and experience are applicable to the selection criteria.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted, please submit your application as soon as possible. The application process will close by 31st October 2021.
Due to the expected volume of applications, only candidates under positive consideration will be notified. About Cardno
Cardno is a global consulting organisation that manages projects for major donors, delivering aid work in various disciplines such as education, health, governance, resource and environmental management and infrastructure. With over 6,000 staff worldwide, our vision is to be a world leader in the provision of professional services to improve the physical and social environment.
Apply For Job