02nd July, 2021
Australian Aid to Solomon Islands
Australia has an enduring interest in a stable Solomon Islands, underpinned by economic growth and viable institutions. Australia is partnering with Solomon Islands to implement its National Development Strategy (2016–2035), as well as respond to COVID-19, as set out in Australia’s Solomon Islands COVID- Development Response Plan. Australian Aid to the Solomon Islands will focus on:
- health security
- economic recovery.
The Review and Finalization of the Affirmative Action Strategy (AAS) Consultant will review and finalize the AAS developed in 2016 to ensure the strategy is updated and remains relevant to the current political, social, and economic context of Solomon Islands particularly in light of the COVID 19 pandemic.
For further information, please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria: https://bit.ly/3AlM2ibAbout you
If you have any of the following skills and experience not limited to, we would like to hear from you.
Location and travel requirements
- A Minimum Tertiary qualification in gender studies, sociology, development, public policy or other related field.
- At least 5 years demonstrated practical experience and knowledge in gender equality advocacy, preferably with a focus on women’s leadership and decision-making.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of the international and Solomon Islands policy frameworks relating to CEDAW, GEWD, and EVAW and other Human Rights Frameworks.
- Experience working with the Solomon Islands public service, or a public sector environment and its regulatory frameworks, preferably in a policy development or program manager role.
- Proven interpersonal, communication, consultation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines; and,
- Proven ability to identify and manage risks and develop sustainable solutions to manage complex problems.
Cardno encourages Solomon Islands nationals and residents to apply. Due to current COVID travel restrictions, you must be currently residing in the Solomon Islands to apply for this position.How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Click the ‘apply’ button to submit your application online by Midnight, Sunday 25 July 2021
. Your application must include the following:
- Your CV; and
- Completed application form in lieu of a cover letter. Please copy paste this link to access the application form: https://bit.ly/3669JgA
Any queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Australia’s Solomon Islands Resource Facility ( ASIRF)
ASIRF works across the Australian bilateral aid program, as well as provides support to the Australian High Commission administrations in Honiara. The in-country ASIRF Management Support Unit (MSU) operates in a complex and evolving context, providing operational services to enable DFAT to meet its goals and objectives in Solomon Islands. The range of support includes, but is not limited to:
- procurement and contract management of technical assistance in Solomon Islands and remotely, and support to performance management across all sector programs (including justice, governance, economic growth, health, education, gender)
- provision of support services (including logistics and security management) for Australian Government’s deployees and technical advisers
- strategic advice, management and reporting, including program management (education), infrastructure technical management, monitoring and evaluation, strategic communications financial management and grant management.
The Gender Equality Support Unit is supported by ASIRF and the successful candidate will be recruited through ASIRF.About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.Cardno is Equal Opportunity Employer
Cardno encourages women to apply. Cardno recognizes the moral and legal responsibility to provide an equal opportunity workplace by ensuring that all recruitment and selection decisions are based on the best qualified and experienced candidate who can perform the genuine inherent requirements of the position.Australia’s Solomon Island Resource Facility is funded by the Australian Government and managed by Cardno
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection and bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
Apply For Job