04th May, 2021
The PNG Lakautim Graun Program, funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by Cardno, is working to reduce the primary drivers and threats to biodiversity in PNG by strengthening the management of customary lands, and focusing on areas with an exceptional variety of terrestrial and marine life.
The Program aims to achieve four main goals:
- Strengthen national and provincial level governments to better manage conservation areas;
- Strengthen capacity and coordination at the provincial-level and build linkages to the National Coordinating Committee;
- Improve equity and economic empowerment for women in PNG; and
- Strengthen coordination through the Provincial Development Planning Process.
The program incorporates livelihood programming under the White House’s Women’s Global Development and Prosperity Initative (W-GDP). The Consultancy
The program is currently seeking a remote-based Communications Adviser and Technical Writer to help build the capacity and work with the in-country communication team, program team, and implementing partners to scope out, design, and manage high-quality communications products, required for events, presentations, social media, press releases, and reports. In particular, the successful candidate will focus on products that clearly and succinctly communicate the successes and achievements of the program to USAID, Government of Papua New Guinea, and non-governmental stakeholders through social media, success stories and other documentation. Key activities
- Consult with in-house project teams by hosting weekly rotating calls to identify, develop, and extract key information for success stories, social media posts, factsheets, website inputs, and bi-weekly bullet highlights.
- Support cross-team coordination and integration in regards to communications across the program’s implementing partners, in order to identify and develop points of interest for success stories, social media posts, website inputs, and related reporting.
- Work with communications and program teams, and implementing partners to identify opportunities to promote program activities through events to increase external visibility for the program.
- Provide support and guidance to project team and partners on key social media posts across the project’s social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Consult with implementing partners on cross-posting of key successes relating to their areas of work.
- Liaise with Cardno home office communications team to develop communication pieces to promote the work of the program in a wider capacity.
- Support teams with finalizing materials necessary for participation in various working groups, government meetings, or other donor related coordination events.
- Advise incoming communications staff on product design and scheduling.
- Consultancy is expected to require up to five (5) days per month of effective and efficient remote work.
Communications materials will need to be in line with USAID’s branding and marking guidelines. Selection criteria Essential:
- Experience in communications, journalism, community development, international relations or equivalent discipline related to the roles and functions of the consultancy.
- Proven experience in leading a communications team with the ability to build the capacity of the team and guide them in relationship-building with stakeholders and partners.
- Excellent analytical, writing, and copy-editing skills in English.
- More than five years of experience in development programs, with a preference for experience within the region.
- Demonstrated experience in producing high-quality finished products for bilateral donors and/or partner Governments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Prior experience with USAID projects.
- Prior experience working in South-East Asia / Pacific region.
- Demonstrated high-level teamwork abilities and an aptitude for collaborating with teams in a cross-cultural environment.
- Experience leading teams remotely with the ability to manage communications efforts across time zones.
Period of performance
- Reports to Cardno-LGP Chief of Party
How to apply for this position
- Estimated May through September 2021. Will re-evaluate after two months.
Applications must include:
- Response against each of the essential and desirable selection criteria (maximum three pages).
- Curriculum vitae/resume.
- Name and contact details (phone and email) of three referees.
Applications that do not address all the requirements stated above will not be considered. Submitting applications
Please click 'apply' and submit your CV including a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Apply For Job