03rd May, 2021
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Overview of the Role:
Prospera is seeking to engage a short-term (consultancy) position of a Data Analyst to support Prospera in consolidating and processing the large amount of spatial and/or geocoded data stored in Prospera database. This work program is expected to improve the quality and accuracy of Prospera’s big spatial datasets, as well as democratising and making big spatial data more accessible and usable to members without spatial modelling software or expertise
About the Program:
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia.
About the Role:
The Data Analyst –Spatial Data Engineering will report to Senior Adviser Data Analytics. The remuneration will be set according to DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) Discipline Group A, Job Level 1. The remuneration level at which the Data Analyst is engaged will be based on the successful candidate's relevant skills and experience. This is a consultancy-based and international position with remote work.
Responsibilities and duties:
The key roles and responsibilities of the position are to provide the following:
- Systematically review all spatial data files within Prospera Google Cloud Platform and perform integrity checks and fix errors;
- Index and consolidate spatial data files of varying levels of geographical disaggregation;
- Perform spatial joins of the data and produce easy-to-use flat files based on the needs of different engagement areas;
- Produce scripts that can process and produce ongoing updates on open-source data and feed into the Prospera Google Cloud environment.
To access the Terms of Reference detailing the role, responsibilities and selection criteria for this position, please copy and paste this link into a web browser:
We are looking for an individual who possess strong qualifications and experience to support (technical area) and policy making processes, including:
- Postgraduate qualification in Data Science, Geospatial Science, Computer Science, or Econometrics.
- Up to 5 years of relevant experience (research or industry).
- Advanced knowledge in geospatial modelling, data mining, and data management.
- Mastery of spatial software, such as QGIS and ArcGIS, and statistical software, such as R, Python, and STATA.
- Experience (either research or industry) in working with big spatial datasets.
- Excellent written communication skills with fluency in English (both written and oral). Language skills in Bahasa Indonesia is a plus.
- Proven ability to deliver data products and able to provide examples of research papers or summary of past spatial data modelling projects.
How to apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Please click 'apply' and submit your CV including a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria (no more than two pages). Kindly note that applications that do not include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Applications must be submitted by 5pm Jakarta time, Friday, 14 May 2021
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach, you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
Apply For Job