03rd May, 2021
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Overview of the Role:
Prospera is seeking to engage a short-term (consultancy) position of a Data Analyst to support Prospera in developing a methodological framework for using mixed frequency macro data in economic outlook modelling and forecasting. This work program is expected to deliver important methodological development in Prospera’s macroeconomic modelling and forecasting toolbox and improve GDP forecast accuracy.
About the Program:
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia.
About the Role:
The Data Analyst –Mixed Frequency Data Modelling will report to Senior Adviser Data Analytics. The remuneration will be set according to DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF) Discipline Group A, Job Level 1. The remuneration level at which the Data Analyst is engaged will be based on the successful candidate's relevant skills and experience. This is a consultancy-based and international position with remote work.
Responsibilities and duties:
The key roles and responsibilities of the position are to provide the following:
- Conduct in-depth research on the latest methodological developments in MIDAS modelling;
- Develop econometric models and scripts to analyse and forecast macro data;
- Produce an academic paper detailing the econometric approach, findings and future research directions.
To access the Terms of Reference detailing the role, responsibilities and selection criteria for this position, please copy and paste this link into a web browser:
We are looking for an individual who possess strong qualifications and experience to support (technical area) and policy making processes, including:
- Postgraduate qualification in Econometrics or Economics.
- Up to 5 years of relevant experience (research or industry).
- Advance knowledge in Econometric Theory, Applied Econometrics, and Multivariate Time Series Modelling and Forecasting. Knowledge in Bayesian Econometrics is a plus. Knowledge in Spatial Econometrics is a plus.
- Mastery of statistical software, such as R, Python, and STATA.
- Strong grip on fundamental macroeconomic and microeconomic concepts.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English (both written and oral).
- Excellent academic writing abilities and able to provide examples of research paper or thesis of publishable standard.
How to apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Please click 'apply' and submit your CV including a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria (no more than two pages). Kindly note that applications that do not include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Applications must be submitted by 5pm Jakarta time, Friday, 14 May 2021
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach, you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
Apply For Job