03rd May, 2021
The Regional Director Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and Kiribati is responsible for the delivery of the Australian Volunteers Program across these countries, ensuring efficient and effective delivery of program activities including partnership development and public diplomacy activities. The role will be expected to form strong working relationships with Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) Posts in all countries within the region to ensure that DFAT’s priorities for the Australian Volunteers Program are considered and incorporated across all program activities in the region.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
About the Program
AVI is an Australian not-for-profit organisation committed to achieving economic and social development outcomes across Asia, the Pacific and the world. AVI believes in self-determination with locally owned and led change.
The development of effective and diverse partnerships are central to the successful delivery of the Australian Volunteers program end of program outcomes identified by DFAT. Relationships between Australian Organisations and overseas Partner Organisations will strengthen Australia’s relationships with partner countries by enhancing the development benefits of Partner Organisations and building sustainable institutional linkages. Current strategic partnerships can be expanded and new partnerships explored to identify and scale up new volunteering modalities, multiply capacity development outcomes, and increase the program’s profile, outreach and capacity to recruit through leveraging Australian and international networks. These institutional linkages provide sustainability to the program beyond the individual volunteer assignment and encourages strong and enduring partnerships to facilitate a holistic approach to the achievement of Australian Government development goals
About the Role
RELATIONSHIPS AND INTERACTIONS: Internal
- Effective management of remote teams in diverse geographic locations
- Effective management of multiple concurrent projects and competing priorities
- Managing internal organisational and local partner organisation needs with the needs of Australian program partners
- Maintaining supportive and effective relationships with remote stakeholders
- Consulting with internal suppliers and program teams in other countries to coordinate seamless and consistent program delivery
- Australian Volunteers Program staff in Melbourne and overseas
- DFAT Post
- Relevant Ministries and Embassies
- In-country partner organisations
- Program participants
- In-country service providers
To access the position description detailing the role, responsibilities and selection criteria for this position, please copy and paste this link into a web browser: https://bit.ly/3nGjES9 KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Experience, Skills & Attributes
Knowledge and demonstrated experience in:
- Well-developed critical reasoning skills, and an ability to source, analyse and interpret information from a variety of sources to inform strategic future planning
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship management skills, including an ability to influence and negotiate with high level stakeholders (e.g. DFAT Posts) to support high quality, cost effective delivery of the Australian Volunteers Program
- Ability to identify key stakeholders, network effectively and build strong reciprocal relationships
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and a strong ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills, including change management, team building, coaching and providing direction to staff
- High level strategic program management experience, including strategic and operational program planning, program design, implementation, financial management, reporting and program monitoring and evaluation
- Experience delivering results in a regional program management capacity, including demonstrated ability to coordinate and delivery quality program outputs across multiple countries
- Significant experience in a leadership role, including an understanding of the challenges associated with leading and motivating a geographically dispersed team
- Exceptional cross-cultural awareness and demonstrated experience working with people from different cultural backgrounds, particularly within the Solomon Islands and Vanuatu region
- Strong knowledge of international development issues and challenges and an in-depth understanding of the unique context, cultures and political systems within Solomon Islands and Vanuatu
- Experience working on a DFAT funded development assistance program/project
- Understanding of and commitment Equal Employment Opportunity, Occupational Health & Safety, Child Protection and Privacy principles
Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience
To access the Terms of Reference detailing the role, responsibilities and selection criteria for this position, please copy and paste this link into a web browser:
email@example.com How to Apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the Australian Volunteers International
team. Please click 'apply' and submit your CV including a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria (no more than two pages). Kindly note that applications that do not include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications must be submitted by 28 May 2021 12 noon AEST
. Other Information
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, fraud and bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture. Contact Optional to insert :
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Regional Director Solomon Islands in the subject line.
Apply For Job