30th April, 2021
Cardno is a global provider of integrated professional services, which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) manages a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
About the Role
The Senior Tax Specialist will be responsible for supporting the International Development “ID” Division on a broad range of Tax Advisory and Statutory Tax Compliance matters across various jurisdictions. This role forms part of a supportive and dynamic team. This role will be based in Manila.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Provide advice to internal stakeholders on a range of Taxes (including VAT, GST and Withholding Taxes) across various jurisdictions in the International Development (“ID”) Division.
- Perform rolling Tax reviews in all overseas jurisdictions in the ID Division, ensuring direct, indirect and personal taxes are being managed appropriately
- Maintain Tax, Compliance & Statutory returns calendar for the ID Division
- Perform biannual tax calculations including branch profits allocations, Tax Effect Accounting calculations, and maintaining relevant General Ledger accounts.
- Calculate tax instalments and obtain refunds of any overpaid tax across the ID Division.
- Obtain Tax Exemptions from relevant Ministry of Finance, as required
- Assist in the management of Tax Audits across the ID Division
- Assist in the start-up and close down of new projects and registration/de-registration of foreign branches, as required
- Assist in maintaining Transfer Pricing ("TP") Documentation, and ensuring TP policies are being applied across the Division.
- Assist with maintaining Tax and Compliance document libraries in SharePoint
- Stay up to date with any Tax and legislative changes in key jurisdictions
- Travel to overseas jurisdictions, as required
The successful candidate will have expertise in international tax, compliance and or a relevant discipline, who has the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence.
Your experience and selection criteria should also include:
How to Apply?
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy
- At least 7 years’ experience in a related field
- Relevant professional qualification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Proficient in MS Office, including excel
- Proactive, with excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to manage change and provide solutions to issues which may arise
We welcome your interest in joining the Cardno team. Apply by submitting your resume and covering letter including a response to the key selection criteria. Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday, 14th May 2021
. Your application must include the following:
- An updated and relevant CV, outlining relevant work history and experience.
- Please include a cover letter outlining your suitability to this role.
- Names and contact details of at least two professional referees.
Kindly note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Other Information
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities. Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally. By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
At Cardno, we take care of the people that keep our business, clients and communities thriving. We offer benefits and initiatives to enhance your health and wellbeing, and to help you balance your career and personal life.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection and bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.
Apply For Job