27th April, 2021
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Overview of the Role:
Prospera is seeking to engage a full-time Economist with a specialization on disability inclusion to undertake analytical and policy work as Prospera supports the Government of Indonesia to realize its vision for disability inclusive development. As a part of Prospera’s Gender and Social Inclusion team, the Economist will work with Prospera’s teams, Indonesian government partners and other stakeholders to undertake economic and regulatory analyses and influence policies that promote disability inclusion across Prospera’s three main breakthrough outcomes.
About the Program:
Prospera is a partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia.
About the Role:
The Economist (Disability Inclusion) will report to Senior Adviser Gender and Social Inclusion. The remuneration will be set according to National Remuneration Framework (NRF) Discipline Group C, Job Level 2/3 applies for Indonesia nationals. The remuneration level at which the adviser is engaged will be based on the successful candidate's relevant skills and experience. This is a full-time position and will be based in Jakarta.
Responsibilities and duties:
The key roles and responsibilities of the position are to work as a part of Prospera Gender and social inclusion team to provide the following:
- Undertake policy and analytical work: Co-lead and/or contribute analytical and policy work to Prospera’s growing portfolio of work on policies and approaches to promote the economic participation of persons with disabilities in accordance with Law NO.8/2016 on people with disabilities, international good practices and lessons learned.
- Build and strengthen partnerships with Prospera’s GOI partners: Contribute and strengthen Prospera’s ongoing support to the Ministry of Finance, National Development Planning Agency, Office of the President, Coordinating Ministry of Economic Affairs, Coordinating Ministry of Human Development and other stakeholders on disability inclusive policies. The position will also be expected to liaise and work with other development partners, disabled people organizations and other stakeholders as required.
- Strengthen data and analytics: Advise on the generation and use of better analytical and targeting purposed data on disability inclusion among Prospera team, GOI partners and other stakeholders;
- Build internal capacity: Provide expert input as required to support Prospera teams to integrate disability inclusion across Prospera’s breakthrough outcomes (expanding markets and creating jobs; safeguarding economic and financial stability; and improving public finance and government performance). This may vary - from light inputs (e.g. reviewing products, sharing knowledge and experience, plugging in data and analyses gaps) so that teams are equipped with the skills and knowledge to integrate disability themselves. It may also involve more substantive inputs (e.g. working as a part of a team, contributing to knowledge products etc).
To access the Terms of Reference detailing the role, responsibilities and selection criteria for this position, please copy and paste this link into a web browser:
The candidate must possess strong qualifications and experience, including:
- Post-graduate qualifications in Economics, Statistics, and/or other relevant Social Sciences with strong quantitative underpinning. An appreciation for mix methods and transdisciplinary approaches will also be required.
- A minimum of 5 year-experience advising government and development partners on a range of public policy issues related to poverty, inequality, social inclusion. This must include a track record of experience working on disability inclusion.
- A sound grasp of issues and approaches to disability inclusion globally and in Indonesia;
- In-depth knowledge and experience using Indonesia’s national survey data (SUSENAS, SAKERNAS, IFLS, CENSUS, SUPAS etc.).
- Proven track record of producing high-quality research reports and presentation of research results that meet clients’ standards.
- Ability to operate under strict time limits and apply high production and technical standards for the purpose of maintaining high level of professionalism;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia, and an ability to communicate complex policy messages in an accessible manner;
- Skilled in using software for quantitative data analysis, such as SPSS, STATA, R.
- This position is for Indonesian nationals based in Indonesia.
How to apply?
We welcome your interest in joining the Prospera team. Please click 'apply' and submit your CV including a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria (no more than two pages). Kindly note that applications that do not include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Applications must be submitted by 5pm Jakarta time, Monday 17 May 2021
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach, you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
Apply For Job