Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno)
is seeking a Chief of Party
for the anticipated USAID Cambodia Natural Resources Management (NRM). This program is anticipated to span five years and is currently valued at $10-25 Million. It seeks to build the capacity of local communities and government counterparts to promote sustainable and low carbon development; conduct research to foster evidence-based decision making for conservation and protection of key endangered species; and promote alternative livelihoods options. Role
The Chief of Party (COP) provides overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire project, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract/cooperative agreement. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate project adjustments. He/she shall act as the key liaison between USAID and all other counterparts and implementing partners involved with the project. The COP is responsible for overall implementation, results, and management for the activity. He/she is the team’s interlocutor with USAID and is responsible for establishing and maintaining constructive relations with counterparts in Cambodia, as well as with the consortium of partners. The COP is the final implementing team authority on management issues including staff, logistics, financial accounting, and security. The COP should demonstrate success applying innovative, sustainable solutions in challenging environments as the position requires significant coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge, and consistency under urgent deadlines. Qualifications
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants:
- A Master’s degree in natural resource management, forestry, environmental change management, climate change or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience;
- Minimum 10 years of experience implementing complex forest governance, natural resources management, and deforestation/degradation projects in developing countries, of which five years was overseas in a senior leadership role of a project that included managing a team;
- Experience in Cambodia, experience with forestry projects in South East Asia.
- Experience supporting communities through alternative livelihood development, building awareness of resource rights and/or building linkages to ecosystem service markets;
- Land use management experience with customary landowners, contextual knowledge and experience with Cambodia’s forest management systems.
- Experience working collaboratively with local and regional civil society organizations, NGOs, private sector partners, faith-based organizations, universities, and non-sovereign civil society entities and coordinating activities with those of other donors;
- Experience in project design and implementation, including financial management experience--such as budgeting; tracking, reporting and accounting--and procurement;
- Experience managing culturally diverse teams and working with counterparts from other cultures;
- USAID experience and understanding of key USAID priorities preferred; and
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
Cardno has a longstanding policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cardno
is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.