The USAID/Zambia Business Enabling Environment (BEE) Activity will strengthen select Zambian government and civil society organizations to implement improved and streamlined policies and processes for economically viable rural enterprises. The project will assist in creating an enabling environment that incentivizes productive investments in trade, agriculture, energy, eco-tourism and sustainable natural resource management. The Chief of Party, (COP) for the BEE Activity will be the principal point of contact and the primary liaison with USAID/Zambia for technical and administrative matters related to the upcoming project. The COP will be responsible for all contract management and implementation. He/she would have primary responsibilities to provide overall leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire project, ensuring an integrated vision, and a focus on achieving the project’s results. This is a full-time position based in Zambia for five years.
Equal Opportunity statement:
- Master’s degree in economics, international development, agriculture or another relevant field.
- Experience leading the implementation of similar USAID programs in Sub-Saharan Africa; work experience in Zambia is strongly preferred.
- At least 10 years professional experience supervising complex and challenging field operations in developing countries, working on finance, business, investment, governance or rural development fields with a focus on business enabling environments or economic policies is required.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing challenges and opportunities to the business enabling environment in Sub-Saharan Africa is required.
- Experience working with the public and private sectors to foster an inclusive business enabling environment that promotes private sector investment and trade, including access to regional and international markets is required.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in multi-stakeholder dialogue, including sustaining partnerships and strong working relationships with donors, host country government counterparts, academic institutions, and civil society is required.
- Experience in trade, agriculture, energy, eco-tourism and sustainable natural resource management is desired.
- Extensive knowledge of USAID procedures and programming.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, NGOs, research institutions).
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cardno
is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.