Rasello and Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) seek highly motivated and experienced individuals who are interested in illustrative positions for an upcoming CDC project in Zambia: Strengthening Capacity within the Zambian Ministry of Health for Health Information Systems Sustainability in Support of a Data-Driven National HIV/AIDS Response under the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
. The project emphasizes transferring skills to the Ministry of Health (MOH) and local institutions, maintaining existing health information systems (HIS), and scaling the existing electronic health record (EHR) to all provinces. Rasello and Cardno are seeking professionals in the fields of:
Applicants should indicate which technical discipline to which they are applying. Qualifications: Senior-level Positions
- Technology: The Technology position provides technical and management expertise to support Zambia’s MOH and IPs to scale, maintain, and sustain HISs that digitize health interactions for PLHIV while improving quality of care and health outcomes. Additional support involves the annual maintenance of an existing national HIS, including system application revisions and continuous scalability of Zambia’s electronic health record (EHR) to all provinces in its full deployment package. Annual maintenance of the MOH’s national data warehouse (NDW), systems interoperability, and health information exchange (HIE) aim to advance the production and timely use of information in response to national HIV/TB priorities.
- Health Information Systems Change Management: The HIS Change Management position provides technical leadership and oversight of technical assistance efforts to coordinate skills transfer to the MOH and local institutions as a last-mile step towards implementation sustainability beyond HIV/TB epidemic control. This position will lead capacity development activities to ensure the necessary administrative, technical, financial, and organization alignment with a national HIS sustainability plan. Additional responsibility includes overseeing a significant change management approach that requires specific HIS governance expertise to support the MOH with achieving sustainability outcomes.
- Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL): The MEL position contributes to all aspects of MEL and demonstrates knowledge of CDC and PEPFAR programming, required indicators, and requisite evaluation practices, including data quality assurance practices and procedures. This position will also work with a team and oversee the collection, analysis, and use of timely project M&E data to achieve systemic improvements in project outcomes and ensure that work plan targets are met on time. Additional responsibility includes informing the design of the evaluation methodology and protocols for monitoring and performance evaluations to support progress by providing critical information and evidence to inform problem definitions, impact measurements, and programmatic HIS decisions at all levels
- Finance & Operations: The Finance & Operations position supports all financial aspects of the program, including procurement, budgeting, and financial reporting. This position ensures strong financial management and internal controls of program funds. Additional responsibility includes serving on a team to implement proper approval procedures and ensures that contractual documentation is appropriately filed (electronically and in hard copy). Must have experience and knowledge of CDC rules and regulations.
Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S.-based applicants:
- Preferred education: Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in relevant field
- Experience leading donor-funded programs in similar context required; CDC experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required
- Fluency in English required
- Zambian Nationals are encouraged to apply
Cardno has a long-standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cardno
is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno's team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.