Rasello and Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) seek highly motivated and experienced individuals who are interested in illustrative positions for an upcoming CDC project in Zambia: Strengthening Capacity within the Zambian Ministry of Health for Health Information Systems Sustainability in Support of a Data-Driven National HIV/AIDS Response under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)
. The project emphasizes transferring skills to the Ministry of Health (MOH) and local institutions, maintaining existing health information systems (HIS), and scaling the existing electronic health record (EHR) to all provinces. The Project Director will be required to:
- Provide strategic leadership to achieve project objectives and targets, ensuring full alignment with national and CDC requirements and standards.
- Serve as a primary point of contact and liaise with CDC, government stakeholders, private sector and other local partners, as required by the project, to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives and achievements.
- Oversee a team of technical and operational professionals ensuring technical assistance and capacity building to:
- Support Zambia’s MOH and local institutions with establishing policy and developing resources.
- Scale, maintain, and sustain HISs that digitize health interactions for PLHIV while improving quality of care and health outcomes.
- Coordinate knowledge and skills transfer to Zambia’s MOH and local institutions to facilitate implementation sustainability beyond HIV/TB epidemic control
- Oversee adaptive management approaches and processes that respond to changing contexts and environments to achieve the desired results.
- Work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Finance & Operations personnel to support the M&E evaluation methodology and protocols and facilitate review of deliverables for completeness, accuracy, cost performance, risk management, and continuous quality improvement.
- Lead the development of the project strategic and operational plans and oversee the development and successful implementation of annual work plans.
- Responsible for project reporting in the frequency as defined in the cooperative agreement (i.e., monthly, quarterly, annually).
- Ensure the establishment of a MEL framework, including PEPFAR indicators and other indicators as agreed upon with CDC and MOH; reporting; and analysis and use of strategic information.
- Monitor project implementation, including internal and external client satisfaction, using best practices and compliance with CDC rules and regulations.
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S.-based applicants:
- 7 to 10 years of experience managing programs of a similar nature in a leadership and management role
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, health informatics, computer science, management information systems, public or business administration or a related field
- Extensive knowledge of information systems or technology/informatics/training; complex and enterprise information and data systems design and development; and digital health capacity building among and in collaboration with governmental and non-governmental partners
- Experience with PEPFAR data reporting systems desired
- Experience in project design and implementation, including financial management, such as budgeting, tracking, reporting and accounting, and procurement
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and develop successful working relationships with key stakeholders, including CDC, and public, private, and civil society partners
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Fluency in English required
- Zambian Nationals are encouraged to apply
Cardno has a long-standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work competently and professionally. We do not discriminate based on age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. Cardno
is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company with specialist expertise in developing and improving physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.