22nd March, 2021
The Government of Papua New Guinea (GoPNG) has identified law and order, combating corruption and reducing violence against women as national development priorities. PNG’s strategic frameworks prioritise reducing crime and social unrest as the foundation for improving economic and social development.
The GoPNG and the Government of Australia (GoA) (the Partners) have agreed to enter into a Comprehensive Strategic and Economic Partnership (CSEP) which aims to integrate development cooperation as an enabler of broader economic and strategic objectives, and which will centre on six pillars:
About the Program
- Strong democracies for a stable future;
- Close friends, enduring ties;
- Economic partnership for prosperity;
- Strategic cooperation for security and stability;
- Social and human development;
- Near neighbours, global partners
The Justice Services and Stability for Development (JSS4D)
program is an Australian Government funded program to support the law and justice sector in PNG.
Aligning with the CSEP, the JSS4D program will contribute to the GoPNG-GoA partnership goal of private sector development and human development in PNG, underpinned by a just, safe and secure society for all.
JSS4D provides targeted assistance to PNG’s law and justice agencies, provincial governments, the Autonomous Region of Bougainville and civil society groups. As endorsed by the GoPNG’s National Coordination Mechanism (NCM), the Design Update refocuses JSS4D into three outcome areas: national
and common priorities
of family and sexual violence (FSV) and anti-corruption. About the Role
The Executive Leadership, Learning and Development Adviser will:
- Review sector wide learning and capacity development needs;
- Coordinate the delivery of learning and development programs, with a focus on supporting agencies to develop the capacity to deliver recurrent training;
- Provide strategic advice to agencies to optimise the benefits of learning and capacity development opportunities;
- Facilitate the inclusion of JSS4D common priorities in the learning and development programs;
- Support the law and justice sector in the development of an Executive Leadership Program, an Emerging Leaders Program and a Women in Leadership Program;
- Collaborate with JSS4D program personnel to develop and implement innovative modes of delivery, including online learning tools, as well as a robust system to strengthen the ability to monitor, evaluate and report on activities;
- Support the sector in the development of a ‘sustainability plan’ for leadership development;
- Monitor and review the outputs and outcomes of learning and development programs; with a focus on Gender Equality, Disability, and Social Inclusion (GEDSI) disaggregated results;
- Work with Australian agencies such as Australian Federal Police and Attorney-General’s Department to maximise benefits of training across the sector;
- Work across DFAT programs, including Governance and Education, to maximise benefits of training across the sector; and
- Identify and support opportunities to partner with local providers.
Please copy and paste the following link to access the full terms of reference detailing responsibilities and key selection criteria
You will have demonstrated practical knowledge and broad experience in the design and delivery of executive leadership and learning activities to be applied across the sector, preferably in a complex international development context.
Tertiary qualifications in leadership, learning and development are essential and sound knowledge and expertise in coaching and mentoring in a development context.
You will have excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills and work well within a team setting. How to apply
We welcome your interest in joining the JSS4D Program team. Please click 'apply' and submit:
- Your CV including the contact details of at least two professional referees
- A covering letter responding directly to the essential Selection Criteria
Applications for this position close at 5.00pm, Monday 19 April 2021
(Australian Eastern Standard Time). Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered by the selection panel. About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs. Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection and bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture. Contact
For any questions about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Executive Leadership, Learning and Development Adviser" in the email subject line.
Apply For Job