19th March, 2021
Join the KATALIS Collaborative Hub in Jakarta as a Procurement Officer to support all of KATALIS’ procurement.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) has extensive experience managing a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Collaborating with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.
Overview of the Role:
The Procurement Officer’s role is to support all of KATALIS’ procurement in accordance with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules, the KATALIS Operations Manual and any other requirements expressed by KATALIS’ managing contractor. This role will provide support and services including procuring goods and services, providing guidance, advice and support to ensure procurement processes are effective, efficient, and ethical and provide the best possible value. The Procurement Officer will also support others in the team as guided by the Work Unit Manager.
About the Program:
The Governments of Indonesia and Australia have entered into the Indonesia-Australia Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (IA-CEPA), creating a framework to unlock the vast potential of the bilateral economic relationship. To support this ambition, the IA-CEPA includes a new Economic Cooperation Program (ECP), known as KATALIS. KATALIS’ goal is to maximise the benefits of IA-CEPA, support trade and investment, improve market access, and promote inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. The primary objective is to ensure the efficient and effective implementation of IA-CEPA to increase two-way trade and investment that is broad based and inclusive. Through a “Collaborative Hub”, KATALIS will work with Australian and Indonesian partners, combining sound trade and development practice by supporting Indonesia to maximise the benefits of IA-CEPA, addressing regulatory challenges (through technical assistance), while resourcing innovative industry engagement in sectors of mutual interest, and by investing in standards, skills and private sector development in new areas.
About the Role:
The KATALIS Collaborative Hub offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally. By joining the KATALIS Collaborative Hub, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing team that combines trade and investment acumen with a deep knowledge of sound development practice. As a member of the Hub, you will support new collaboration efforts and ways of working in trade and development programs, integrating gender equity and social inclusion as a cornerstone of trade.
Responsibilities and duties:
Under the leadership of the KATALIS Work Unit Manager and in close collaboration with the PROSPERA Chief of Operations, key tasks the Procurement Officer is responsible for include:
- Undertake procurement of goods and services and related logistics to support KATALIS activities in compliance with the KATALIS Operations Manual and DFAT policies and procedures.
- Work with technical staff members on procurement, relying on previous experience and knowledge, and interpreting and assessing requests to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Maintain purchasing policy and delegation authorities and ensure that all purchases adhere to them.
- Prepare Service Agreements and manage Master Agreements between suppliers and service providers.
- Provide advice, guidance and information to team members on procurement matters, and coaching on relevant processes (e.g. Requests for Proposals (RFP), Purchase Order (PO), bid evaluation criteria or other competitive procurement tools) to ensure needs are met with the best value, and to ensure procurement processes are perceived by suppliers as fair, open and ethical.
- Analyse procurement requirements and select the most appropriate methods based on interpretation and assessment of established policies, practices, and experience.
- Plan, organise and lead the bid solicitation process including drafting and issuing RFPs, developing bid evaluation criteria and guiding team members and bidders on processes involved.
- Supervise bid evaluation committees, ensuring the integrity of the competitive process, facilitating bidder debriefings, and exercising appropriate judgment and tact while protecting confidential information.
- Monitor progress of contractual agreements, reviewing and seeking approval for payment of invoices, assisting in the resolution of any problems that arise, and ensuring post contract evaluations are conducted.
- Prepare purchase orders and purchase requisitions to order materials, goods and supplies, and send them to suppliers.
- Interact with suppliers on a day-to-day basis, and check deliveries against orders to ensure they match.
In addition to these formal responsibilities, the position will be required to comply with all DFAT and Cardno policies, including Child Protection Procedures, and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse, and Harassment (SEAH) Procedures.
Any offer of employment will require criminal record clearance.
To access the Terms of Reference detailing the role, responsibilities and selection criteria for this position, please copy and paste this link into a web browser:
https://www.cardno.com/media/7081/tor-katalis-procurement-officer.pdf About You:
You will be a motivated and proactive Procurement Officer with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will also have:
How to apply?
- Tertiary qualifications with strong relevant office management and administration experience.
- Demonstrated skills and experience working in procurement and contract management in a multi-disciplinary team for at least four (4) years, preferably in field of International Development.
- Demonstrated solid understanding in project management and commitment to applying best practice of procurement guidelines in accordance with Commonwealth Procurement Rules.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills to liaise with various sub-contractors, stakeholders, including DFAT and Government of Indonesia officials.
- Fluency in both Bahasa Indonesia and English (written and oral), and excellent communication skills including experience working cross-culturally.
- Ability to prioritise and manage time efficiently, and manage multiple tasks effectively.
- High level computer skills in word processing, Excel spreadsheet and Power Point applications, along with Microsoft Outlook.
We welcome your interest in joining the KATALIS Collaborative Hub team. Please click 'apply' and submit your CV including a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria (no more than two pages). Kindly note that applications that do not include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Cardno provides equal employment opportunities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities.
Applications must be submitted by 13 April 2021, 5 PM (AEDT).
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse, Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, Fraud and Bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture. Contact:
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "KATALIS – Procurement Officer” in your email subject line. Please use provided application platform to send your CV and cover letter.
Apply For Job