18th March, 2021
The Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur (KIAT) is a 10-year facility supported by the Australian Government and implemented by Cardno. KIAT’s overarching goal is to support ‘sustainable and inclusive economic growth through improved access to infrastructure for all people’. To support this goal, KIAT works with the Government of Indonesia (GoI), Government of Australia (GoA), the private sector, Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs) and other development partners, as well as civil society to help achieve the following outcomes:
- Improved GoI policy and regulatory framework for infrastructure development.
- High quality projects prepared and financed by GoI, the private sector and / or MDBs.
- High quality infrastructure delivery, management, and maintenance by GoI.
The initial focus of KIAT is on the following areas: Water and Sanitation; Transport; Gender, Social Inclusion and Civil Society Engagement (GESI-CSE); and Infrastructure Funding and Financing. The role
KIAT is looking for two experience Senior Program Officers (SPO) Water/Sanitation. The Senior Program Officer (SPO) Water / Sanitation will ensure the KIAT water and sanitation (WatSan) directorate supports GoI to achieve its targets of safe access to water / universal safe sanitation services and urban solid waste management. This role also involves the following key activities:
Senior Program Officers (SPO) Water/Sanitation, as a senior member of the KIAT WatSan Team, will be responsible to the Deputy Director for overall Project management and implementation of Water / Sanitation activities, staff capacity development, strengthening counterpart agency relationships, and mainstreaming of GESI and CSE within the WatSan portfolio. The SPO will represent KIAT at meetings with key stakeholders and counterparts across government, civil society, and the donor agencies,
The key activities for the position are:
- Manage the SPO’s delegated sector of the WatSan program ensuring all activities are well-designed, procured, and implemented to high levels of outcome and performance, while risks and safeguards are identified, managed, and mitigated.
- Contribute to the further development of the WatSan multi-year workplan addressing the critical needs facing Indonesia’s water and sanitation sector including the preparation of Activity Proposals, Activity Designs and Activity Procurement Plans.
- Assist with preparation of bidding documents and the procurement of consultants to implement the programs.
- Manage and supervise technical, programmatic, and administrative aspects of KIAT WatSan subcontractors to deliver high levels of engagement, innovation, and performance.
- Work closely with the KIAT monitoring, evaluation, and communications teams to develop progress markers for WatSan activities and implement management strategies to achieve identified targets.
- Oversee consultant inputs on cross cutting issues and other KIAT requirements and during activity implementation on complying with the requirements of KIAT Activity Proposals in achieving outputs and outcomes.
- Ensure that all key activities consider opportunities to strengthen Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) outcomes during implementation, and where relevant consider the feasibility of engaging with civil society to enhance these outcomes.
- Establish close working relationships and ongoing communications with key GoI counterparts and maintaining an awareness of their needs and priorities for KIAT’s activities including Bappenas, Ministry of Public Works and Housing, Ministry of Home Affairs, and regional governments participating in the KIAT WatSan programs.
- Represent KIAT in events, meetings, forums, and dialogues with relevant GoI counterparts, development partners and other stakeholders as required.
- Other agreed inputs as assigned by the Deputy Director WatSan.
Please copy paste this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection: https://www.cardno.com/media/7078/tor_spo-sanitation_vfinal.pdf; About you
You will be a motivated and proactive Senior Program Officers (SPO) Water & Sanitation
with the right combination of strategic thinking, innovation and a commitment to technical excellence. You have the following selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in civil engineering, water and sanitation engineering, public policy, infrastructure or related discipline.
- At least 10 years’ experience in managing water / sanitation infrastructure advisory programs, in urban environments.
- A strong technical background in water / sanitation infrastructure ranging from planning, preparation, project design, and implementation.
- Experience with water utility management / sewerage and solid waste management would be an advantage for the Water / Sanitation positions, respectively.
- A demonstrable understanding with sector issues in Indonesia, including issues of public sector governance, institutional capacity building, regional autonomy, asset management and output-based performance programming.
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English (desirable). Experience in briefing and working closely with senior government officials in a donor context.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders including central government agencies, regional government, donor agencies and community groups representing target beneficiaries and people with special needs.
Selection is not gender biased and all candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Remuneration
Based on KIAT established rates. Successful Indonesian nationals will be engaged under a local contract in IDR and will be subject to Indonesian employment regulations and tax obligations. Why join KIAT?
The Australia Indonesia Infrastructure Partnership (Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur - KIAT) offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining KIAT, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook. How to apply
2) Statement (of up to 1,000 words) addressing the candidate’s skills and experience, and outlining the relevance to the role
3) Two referee names, position details and contact information Closing Date
The position closes on 16 April 2021 About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs. Notice to recruitment agencies:
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer.
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection and bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply For Job