19th February, 2021
PARTISIPA, the DFAT-funded Partnership to Strengthen Village Development and Municipal Administration, assists the Government of Timor-Leste to implement the National Program for Village Development (PNDS) and supports municipal administration, rural water and sectoral coordination at the national and municipal levels.
Expressions of Interest
PARTISIPA seeks expressions of interest from individual consultants, companies or institutions to undertake a budget analysis of selected municipal services, in line with the delegation of competencies from central government to municipal authorities.
The output of this consultancy will be a final report that:
- Analyses 2019, 2020 and 2021 municipal budget allocations against requirements of Decree Law N.º 3/2016 (Statute of Municipal Administrations, Authorities and the Inter-Ministerial Technical Group for the Administrative Decentralization)
- Identifies areas where municipal authorities have delegated budget allocations without associated competencies, or delegated competencies without associated budget allocations.
- Analyses cost assumptions and cost variations associated with services delivered at the municipal level.
- Provides recommendations for process improvements and templates to facilitate budget development, execution and monitoring at municipal level.
- (1) Desk review of 2019, 2020, and 2021 municipal budgets and associated legislation
- (2) Development of assessment tools and assignment workplan
- (3) Consultations and data collection with PARTISIPA advisers, national-level authorities (National Directorate of Planning and Evaluation, National Directorate of Municipal Finance, relevant directorates at MoSA), authorities from municipal administrations, UPMA and the Ministry of Finance.
- (4) Data analysis and preparation of preliminary findings
- (5) Preparation and presentation of final report
This assignment is expected to require up to 60 input days to complete. Assignment timeframe
Preliminary findings to be reported by May 10, 2021. Final report due by June 10, 2021 EOI Requirements
The Expression of Interest must include:
- A short capability statement.
- Responses against the following four requirements:
- (1) Professional experience in public financial management, public policy, accounting and/or other related fields.
- (2) Proven experience in public sector budget analysis, including associated legislation.
- (3) Experience providing actionable technical advice and recommendations to public and private audiences.
- (4) Language abilities that are relevant to the assignment (Tetum and Portuguese are required, English or Bahasa Indonesia is beneficial).
Copies of reports or publications that provide proof of experience for points 1) to 3) above may be submitted with EOIs.
Expressions of Interest should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the reference “Decentralized Municipal Budget Analysis EOI
” in the subject line. Enquiries can also be made at the same email address. Deadline
The deadline for the submission of the Expression of Interest is Monday 8 March 2021, 9 am Dili time (GMT+9).
Apply For Job