Director, Energy for the Economic and Social Infrastructure Program (ESIP) in Papua New Guinea The Program
ESIP is a development assistance program supported by the Australian Government (DFAT) and implemented by Cardno.
ESIP is working with Papua New Guinea partners to support improved planning, prioritisation, delivery and maintenance of economic and social infrastructure. Priority infrastructure sub-sectors for the Program include Electricity, Telecommunications and Water and Sanitation. Gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) and safeguards are a focus for the Program and are mainstreamed across activities and operations. The Position
The Director, Energy is a member of ESIP’s senior management team and oversees ESIP’s growing portfolio of on-grid and off-grid electrification activities, ensuring high quality outcomes for DFAT. The Director provides leadership to ESIP’s Pawarim Komuniti
(off-grid program) team and ESIP’s on-grid energy unit, ensuring the teams are adequately resourced to deliver current and planned activities. The Director provides high-quality, responsive information and advice to the Team Leader and DFAT and leads on policy engagement, including with other donor partners and PNG Government stakeholders in PNG, in the energy sector.
The Terms of Reference are at https://www.cardno.com/media/6975/tor_director-energy_09022021.pdf Selection Criteria
- A minimum of 10 years’ engineering and/or project management experience (ideally in the energy sector) gained through practical work experience managing complex infrastructure projects, ideally in developing countries.
- Strong technical knowledge of the energy sector including energy sector reform, energy efficiency, on-grid electrification, off-grid/rural electrification and renewable energy.
- Strong team leadership and management experience, ideally in cross-cultural contexts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate and maintain productive working relationships with senior donor representatives and government officials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex information to multiple audiences.
- At least a Masters-level degree in a relevant field (for example, a relevant engineering degree).
This position will be remunerated according to the long-term adviser (LTA) rates in the Australian Government’s Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF). It will be offered at a level commensurate to the successful candidate's experience relevant to the role, within the following broadband: Discipline Group C, Job Level 4. How to apply
Click the "Apply" button to submit your application before the deadline of 11:59pm Sunday 14 March 2021 (Port Moresby, PNG time). Your application must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae including details of at least two professional referees
- Completed application form in lieu of a cover letter. Please copy paste this link to access the application form: https://www.cardno.com/media/6977/application-form-director-energy_form.pdf
For any questions about the position, please contact email@example.com About Cardno
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection and bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer.